Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield pickguard  (Read 889 times)
Xcurrent

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »

A few weeks ago, I ordered a Bakersfield with the traditional neck pickup and I'm looking forward to receiving it shortly. The way I understand is that all Bakersfields come routed for the mini hum. I have a set of Lollar mini-hums and I figured with the Duncan Liberator system I'd fix up another guard so  I could swap out neck pickup quickly should I need a different sound. Does anyone know if a Fender telecaster pickguard will fit the Bakersfield without additional drilling? You may suggest that I just buy a replacement pick guard from Larrivee with the mini-hum route and I thought that was the best way to go but Larrivee quoted my dealer (same one who I ordered the guitar from) $140.00 for the pickguard. That is a lot more than I'm willing to pay so I'm looking for an alternative.  rob
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »

Rob  the $140 pickguard included the SD Mini

If so sounds pretty good to me, otherwise would you not require a SD Liberator PUP to switch conveniently back and forth. Will post a pic or two when I get home later of Fender and Bakersfield side by side

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Xcurrent

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »

Joyce, I understand it was for the plain guard but there may have been some miscommunication between Larrivee and my dealer. My understanding of the Liberator system is that it (the potentiometer)  will will accept any pickup. Now that being said, Duncan makes a 500k and a 250K version but to that is pretty reasonable priced. 
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »

My understanding of the Liberator system is that it (the potentiometer)  will will accept any pickup.

Yup just need a screwdriver  

You would probably want a 250K as I'm sure you are aware

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 02:38:53 PM »

Bakersfield and Tele side by side. Looks like a pickguard for a Hotrod Tele would fit perfectly

[attachment deleted by admin]

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

And a couple of rear shots since I have em side by side

[attachment deleted by admin]

Xcurrent

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

Joyce, Thanks for taking the time and for the pictures.  It will help tide me over until I receive mine.  rob 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: