Larrive RS2 New 2011 satin

Started by Favata5, October 04, 2011, 09:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOW!! What can I say! Ive owned many Gibsons,Fenders,Jackson etc and today for 909.00 Im a proud as hell new owner of a seafoam green RS2 . A 2011 Gibson SG tribute p90 and a Gibson Faded black will soon be out for sale due to the incredible playability and supreme sonics this baby can do! Matthew,Im tipping my hat to you for these fantastic p90s in this guitar! This is the sound that I was missing from both of the Gibsons! The seafoam green paint is gonna take a while for me to adjust, as I havent ever had  guitar with this color!Thank you Larrivee family for making such a fantastic instrument!

They are great pickups indeed! Look forward to some pics when you can share some. Here's my (old version) RS-2 w/P-90s...

[attachment deleted by admin]
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

If I can figure out how to post some pics here I will, I clicked on the symbol that says add or insert pic and nothing happens

Host the image at www.imageshack.us then use the code that they supply for forums - just copy the code and paste.  It will put a thumbnail in the forum that when clicked, will open a larger image.  Keeps the page loading fast for forum users.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Thanks Rock star for the tip!!! Well, like I said Im still trying to get used to the color!! LOL Its my first and only green guitar!! But it sings sweetly!!

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

I think they used a super industrial glue on it!

Quote from: Favata5 on October 05, 2011, 02:29:40 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That guitar looks so damn cozy in that case!  I have to get one of these things - dibs on the next lefty that comes up for sale!!!
All Lefty:
Acoustic:
Larrivee OMV-10
Larrivee D-05E
Martin CEO-7
Taylor 416

Electric:
Larrivee RS-4, Forum V #2
Fender American Standard Tele
Fender Aerodyne Strat
PureSalem Elevation
Epiphone Joe Pass, modified with Gibson '57 classics

The case is a TKL , pretty damn nice!Im mighty impressed with this funky green guitar,Ive bought , played and sold quite a few guitars since 1983 , I gotta feeling this guitar along with a 79 Gibson Paul are gonna be my constant keepers!!The smooth blues sounds and the nasty on these pickups are something else!

My Les Paul rarely sees the light of day anymore thanks to my P-90 equipped RS-2.  I imagine this fate will befall yours as well.  Congrats on your new guitar.   I would also guess that you're going to find yourself putting in more hours practicing than you have in years.  I'm striving to become a guitarist worthy of such an amazing instrument. :nice guitar:
2010 RS-2 w/ P-90s and flamed maple top
2002 Les Paul DC
2007 MIM 60's Strat
2012 MIK Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro
1995(6?) MIJ Jackson Soloist
1989? MIK Washburn KC-60V w/ DiMarzios
2013 YRG-1000 Gen 2 Guitar Synth
2004 MIJ Takamine AN10

NICE COLOUR!

I need to gets me a P-90 RSx next...

I cant call it practicing anymore LOL im drawn to this guitar more than any other before! Its damn scarey stuff!!! :nana_guitar

Quote from: Favata5 on October 10, 2011, 07:18:55 PM
I cant call it practicing anymore LOL im drawn to this guitar more than any other before! Its damn scarey stuff!!! :nana_guitar

That's exactly how I feel about my RS-4. I've had it for maybe 6 months now and I like it even more than when I first got it. These guitars are just incredible. I have a Bakersfield on order and I'm already considering being in on the Forum RS-4. Who knows, maybe an RS-2 with P90's next.
RS-4 Forum V Mini's,

A revelation today. Over the past 2 years having owned and played shortly was a 2010 Gibson Les Paul tribute and a 2011 Gibson SG tribute.. both had p90s but,,, The SG had a nice growl but the body seemed too thin and the neck dived too easy.. now the Les Paul tribute had a nice full sound but,,,heres the deal, I was spending some quality time with the RS2 today,when it hit me!! USE THE VOLUME AND TONE CONTROLS!!! My God, I tried this with the Gibsons and they seemed to both be lacking when backing down on the controls! Not the Larrivee!! Im now using the controls and able to pull off more tone that I thought was possible! My God! THis guitar is a chamealan!!

Quote from: Favata5 on October 14, 2011, 08:33:39 PMUSE THE VOLUME AND TONE CONTROLS!!! My God, I tried this with the Gibsons and they seemed to both be lacking when backing down on the controls! Not the Larrivee!! Im now using the controls and able to pull off more tone that I thought was possible! My God! THis guitar is a chamealan!!

It DOES make a HUGE difference on a guitar with quality electronics (pots, caps, etc.).  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I have a Strat and a Les Paul because I love both of those distinctive tones and was under the impression that I simply would never be able to find one guitar that could give me both of those sounds to my satisfaction.  I'm blown away by the versatility of my RS-3 (that's what I've nicknamed my RS-2 since it has a maple cap on it).
2010 RS-2 w/ P-90s and flamed maple top
2002 Les Paul DC
2007 MIM 60's Strat
2012 MIK Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro
1995(6?) MIJ Jackson Soloist
1989? MIK Washburn KC-60V w/ DiMarzios
2013 YRG-1000 Gen 2 Guitar Synth
2004 MIJ Takamine AN10

You gotta have a Strat in the barn too!! I love my cheapie Strat 50s classic vibe, it does all the Strattly sounds nice!!