Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1144 times)
StephenM

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »

Ok, first thing's first

I've been a Larrivee fan for a few years now (following in my dad's footsteps) and I figure its time I make my allegiance public.  I feel like this is probably a good place to do an introduction because this is likely where I'd post the most.

My main/favourite guitar is an RS-4 with Lollars and an amber finish.  Absolutely gorgeous guitar.  Every time I play it I'm continually amazed by its playability and tone.  It has pretty much everything I'd want in a guitar... but why stop at just one right?

I also have a mahogany D-03.  Absolute cannon of a guitar.  I got it as a gift from my father who got it second hand.  We're pretty sure the guitar got heat roasted one day because the frets popped through the binding, but it survived and produced and incredibly light and responsive guitar. great to play.

I also have an old Ibanez artist that I found under one of my grandpa's beds.  As far as i can tell its about a 74.  But its tough to tell for sure.  It has a cool look and definitely give some cool sounds

Lastly, i'm currently in the process of making a Strat style guitar.  My grandpa is a journeyman carpenter and had a piece of mahogany 15' x 2" x 20" just sitting around, so what better to do than make a guitar.  It's my first time attempting this and I'm definitely learning a lot.  It'll be interesting to see what a strat with a mahogany body sounds like.  I'm just putting finish on the body now.  I'll post some pictures later if people are interested.  Also if anyone has any tips on good strat parts let me know as I'm not all that familiar with strats.  I was planning on ordering most parts from Callaham.  If they're good enough for Larrivee, they're good enough for me

I'll end this on a good note -->  
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »

welcome thanks for joining and thanks for the 

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:46 AM »

Welcome to the club, StephenM. I think you'll enjoy your stay. And thanks for all the donuts, they'll probably go around twice!

welcome
f

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:43:43 AM »

My main/favourite guitar is an RS-4

Mine too

welcome Stephen

Glad to have you aboard

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:04 AM »

Hey Man!  welcome

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

My main/favourite guitar is an RS-4 with strats.  

I can't decide if it's the RS-4 with buckers or the RS-2 with P-90's...both sound, feel and play great.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

RS4 (and RS2) lover here, too. Good choice on the electric guitar. Oh ... and the acoustic! You'll have to do some pics on that Strat-ish you're making, too. That sounds like fun.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
StephenM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:43:13 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
And tulk1,  I can definitely post some pics when I get around to it/ have enough posts to put up pictures.  With the finish on the mahogany grain really pops out now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: