Driest year in Texas history

Started by Danny, October 01, 2011, 05:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debate about climate change is good. Mankind has put so much carbon into the atmosphere that it is effecting the weather around the planet. For example, hurricanes and typhoons are getting stronger and causing more damage. A hurricane is natures way of spinning heat off the planet. Texas is experiencing climate change. This is not a political argument. It is a scientific argument.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: carruth on October 03, 2011, 03:12:10 PM
Debate about climate change is good. Mankind has put so much carbon into the atmosphere that it is effecting the weather around the planet. For example, hurricanes and typhoons are getting stronger and causing more damage. A hurricane is natures way of spinning heat off the planet. Texas is experiencing climate change. This is not a political argument. It is a scientific argument.
Oh come on. Please stop. I don't want to see yet another polarizing thread and then have it locked down. This IS a huge political football and it doesn't matter to me which side who is on. I just hate all these issues that get  members blood boiling.

Quote from: dependan on October 03, 2011, 05:10:47 PM
    Oh come on. Please stop. I don't want to see yet another polarizing thread and then have it locked down. This IS a huge political football and it doesn't matter to me which side who is on. I just hate all these issues that get  members blood boiling.

agreed. the purpose of this thread wasn't to start a debate.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Wish you could have some of the rain we had over the last week. Here is a little Vid of wind and rain a few days ago about 100miles from my home  :blush:

Waves and Rain in Nova Scotia at Cape Breton Causeway
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

We had a small amount of rain today, but we are supposed to get a heavy rain starting at about 1 A.M.  I sure hope we do.

DFW area getting some rain tonight.  C'mon Tigers!
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 08, 2011, 10:07:03 AM
Wish you could have some of the rain we had over the last week. Here is a little Vid of wind and rain a few days ago about 100miles from my home  :blush:

Wow that video does not look fun.  It must have been like getting your car power washed by the ocean!!

It's been raining all night and all day here in DFW. 

Quote from: the creature on October 09, 2011, 11:01:09 AM
It's been raining all night and all day here in DFW. 
We have had quite a bit as well and more is in the forecast today. I hope we do get more.

Yep, guess the world can end later. 

Delighted you finally got some rain.      :nanadance     :nanadance     :nanadance
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 08, 2011, 10:07:03 AM

:ohmy:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: dependan on October 10, 2011, 11:11:12 PM
Roger how are things up in Mishheeeeguunn?

Well it only got to 71F today but the last 4 or 5 days have been in the 80's.  No real rain but we're supposed to get some starting tomorrow night, 3 days worth  40-60% chance.

Not much into sports but appreciate when the home town teams are doing well, which they are.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on October 10, 2011, 11:43:34 PM
Well it only got to 71F today but the last 4 or 5 days have been in the 80's.  No real rain but we're supposed to get some starting tomorrow night, 3 days worth  40-60% chance.

Not much into sports but appreciate when the home town teams are doing well, which they are.
My long time friend who lives near Detroit has a 91 year old mother in her last days. I will go to Michigan when he calls again, (we talked today) When I do I plan on spending enough time to put faces to names. He is a bass player and a good one. I wrote a song that has his name in it. I sang the song in an open mic last week.
       Let it rain.....

edit; my older bro. played football and went to MSU and UM in Ann Arbor.  Of course I got my G.E.D. :ohmy: