LRB PICKUP

Started by GUITARMANDAN, September 20, 2011, 12:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all. :wave I just received my new/used 2004 Larrivee L-03 Koa guitar. It came used with a LRB pickup installed in the sound hole. I would guess the original owner had it installed b/c she played mostly in a studio with the guitar.

I plan on taking my guitar to a local luthier, Charlie Powers, and have him set up the guitar for me i.e. neck adjustment, new WAI saddle, rosewood end pin and new John Pearse light phos strings.

I never, ever play plugged in. So, I'm having him remove the pickup. Anyone interested out there in a used LRB pickup system? If you are and need more info regarding the pickup itself, let me know. I have NO idea what it would be or is worth. Maybe nothing. I just don't want it in my guitar b/c I play strictly accoustic. :rolleye: Thanks.

I moved this from the forsale section because items forsale should generally be clearly identified and have a price.

Discussion is also discouraged in the forsale section. That keeps it more business-like.

Please use this thread for any discussion until you know what you have and what a fair price would be.

There are many types of LR Baggs pickups.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Theres an end pin that you can get from stew-mac that is designed to fit the openning.It is metal but it will save the dime you'll need to spend to have the opening filled with rosewood and if you every decide to sell and I know you won't but if ever the next owner may want to install a pu and they won't have to have it drilled out to do so.I'd offer to send you one but I'm all out right now.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help