Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally...review Part 2 Is Coming...  (Read 1208 times)
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2003, 07:56:39 PM »

What with children's concerts, and holiday stuff, then flu at our house, I haven't gotten to play the Larrivee in church since it arrived. We're rehearsing some carols tomorrow evening, and doing some special music in church on Christmas Eve, so I'll finally be able to see how the OM holds up among all those dreads. It seems to have gotten much more resonant in the short time I've had it (about a month). I'll post results soon.

Deb :P  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
l31itz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:15:33 PM »

Been waiting for this one.  :D  

2003 Breedlove SC20 Coco/Sitka (Nov 26 delivery)
Bone nut and saddle
Schaller nickel tuners
Ebony tuner buttons
L.R. Baggs Dual Element

2003 Larrivée OM-03R: SOLD

2003 Larrivée L-09: SOLD
hatman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 09:06:40 PM »

I'm a-waiting also. I have an OMV-09 but don't play out with it. I am curious as to how you feel it holds up to the other guitars and instruments.
Barry.
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 12:18:51 AM »

Played it with a friend's Martin last night, it held up well, but what I'm really waiting for is Sunday morning which is when the whole group will be together. Although, I gave my husband a Guild JF30-12 for Christmas, and it is so loud, I'm not sure anyone else will stand out  ;) I thought his old Fender 12 was loud. This thing is like a piano with the sustain pedal down! He does tone it down for group playing, though.

Deb  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 07:57:46 PM »

Iplay my JF30/12 with koamon,His Koa Larrivee's keep pace just fine

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 06:44:46 PM »

Played in church this morning, and I was most pleased! :D
Strummed, it complemented the other guitars, singing out, and adding clarity. I also did a fair bit of fingerpicking, since we were playing carols, and the notes weren't lost. I know it will keep maturing and gaining resonance, but it is continuing to amaze me with the sound it is capable of. Marcine, who is next to me, said she could hear it and enjoyed the sound. She plays a Gibson spruce/mahogany dread.

Deb :lol:  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
hatman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 04:59:16 PM »

Wyodeb,
Thanks for the review.
I've played once with a couple of friends. One had a Guild grand auditorium and the other had a Yamaha dread.
While my OMV-09 seemed to articulate the individual notes, it did not seem to stand-out among the other two guitars.
Then again, having three guitars playing at the same time was a lot of noise that all seem to mush together.
None of the three of us are what would be called really accomplished players, so we did not have three individual pieces within the same song.
Anyway, I felt that the Larrivee held it's own in that situation.
I love the sound and the playability of the OMV. It is a very comfortable guitar also. It really fits close to my chest and feels comfortable.
I hope everyone is having a wonderfull Holiday.
Barry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: