RS-4s - Finishes

Started by PM33AUD, September 23, 2011, 07:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, I am hunting down an RS-4 (if anyone can help lmk!) and am wondering what finishes are out there.  The website lists fewer than I've seen, and a vintage cherry burst that I've never seen on a guitar.  I even found out about a white one here (would love pics!).

What finishes are found on these instruments?

Thanks,
Phil

Will post a few  :blush:

My poor photography skills but here goes anyway

root beer and a Charcoal Burst ( sometimes called black)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Will post a few more :blush:

White and Cherry Burst

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

And  a Lacewood and Spalted Maple

OMG!

Wow, that white one sure is purdy :D  I still think I'm after a Rootbeer tho.  They made these in spalted maple too?!

JOYCEfromNS: How many of these do you own!   :nana_guitar

Quote from: PM33AUD on September 23, 2011, 10:27:54 PM

Wow, that white one sure is purdy :D  I still think I'm after a Rootbeer tho.  They made these in spalted maple too?!

The Rootbeer is nice for sure. IMO the RS 4 is the nicest all around solid electric guitar on the market today. Now I have not played them all but I have played a good many  :ohmy:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 24, 2011, 05:31:33 AM
The Rootbeer is nice for sure. IMO the RS 4 is the nicest all around solid electric guitar on the market today. Now I have not played them all but I have played a good many  :ohmy:

I hope I will like the RS4.  I've listened to a bunch of clips - I like the tone.  I have no access to one firsthand to try, however.  I like LPs except for the scale since I grew up on strats and ibanezes.  Gotta have me my 25.5 scale.  I was looking at the Monaco SuperPro as another option but this is a semi-hollow and TBH, the RS4 just looks stellar in comparison.

People's reports have all been the same tho and very positive, so that's reassuring.

Phil

Hey Joyce, where did that white one come from??

I thought mine was one of a kind!

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

Tobacco Burst

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
Fender Custom Shop "La Cabronita"

these are all so nice!  I think the rb burst is still my fav tho.

Here are mine:

Cherry Burst  with Lollar Imperials  (MARSHALL AMP)

Rootbeer:  Larrivee P90

Black Gloss Larrivee Pickups

Click on my signature link and navigate to each guitar to hear them if you like......
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Here is my Quilted Mahogany RS-4.

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

haven't seen these colors yet.  here are two of my rs-4's.

candy blue:

amberburst:

Quote from: fritferret on September 26, 2011, 09:08:12 PM
haven't seen these colors yet.  candy blue:

:bowdown:   :drool:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 26, 2011, 09:18:48 PM
:bowdown:   :drool:

thanks!  i custom ordered this color and matthew nailed it.  in direct sunlight, it looks blue like in the pic, but in less light it looks black.  really cool i think.

Purty blue guitar.  :drool:

:nice guitar:

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on September 27, 2011, 03:26:35 AM
Purty blue guitar.  :drool:

:nice guitar:

Mike

Agreed, that blue one (and the white one above with black binding) really shows off the nice lines and curves that make the RS-4 unique.  :nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi Rev,

Glad you like my white one - the only thing prettier is the sound that comes out of it!

However, the binding only looks black in the photo. It's actually a tortoise shell like material (not exactly sure what it is):

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)