Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tommy Emmanuel  (Read 5581 times)
Anders451

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »

HE'S COMING TO SWEDEN!!! (sorry for caps, but I'm excited).

04' Larrivée L-09 Collectors Edition 26 of 50
90s' Yamaha Classical

Q: How many guitars does a man need?
A: One more.

I'm from Sweden. The home of Levin, Hagström & Sundberg Guitars.
We also ride polarbears to work on a daily basis. Yes, it's true.
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »

I got into Tommy's music about 7 or 8 years ago.  He wasn't nearly as popular then; the first time I saw him I only paid $10 for the ticket.  He's drawing a much larger crowd these days and the ticket prices have steadily gone up.  I guess all his constant touring has paid off.  But I have to admit that I liked the earlier shows. But that probably has more to do with it all being new to me than what Tommy was or is doing now. Either way, I'm happy for his success. 
old beginner

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »

I saw Tommy Emmanuel live in Toronto a few years ago. Just him and a couple of guitars. It was a great show. Endless Road was his current CD. He did my favourite song from it "I still can't say goodbye".

After the show, he sat a table where you could buy merchandise. He happily signed autographs, had pictures taken, and shook everyone's hand with a big smile and engaged many in conversation and questions.

A great guitar player and entertainer, and a swell person.
RonRs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »

Man...I would really like to see him in Toronto...he is THE best acoustic guitar player I`ve ever heard. What a talent!
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »

Well looks like Tommy is coming to Eastern Canada for a few Dates in May

Got my seats 11th Row. Not many artists today get me excited, less than a handful really BUT he does!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

He used to come around here every now and again. Great shows. Guess he has outgrown our little venue, sorry to say.
Glad I had the opportunity to see him.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: