08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

James, your new tune is excellent.  I have one critique though, your levels are too high, the audio is distorting. 

Nice big open chords, great tune...keep 'em coming.

Hi James

I liked it as well  :smile: but as Denis says the volume was distorting my laptop speakers even at the lowest level. I have a tendency (and this is my own personal thing) for shorter tunes so I was wondering - do you think it would benefit from being a minute or so shorter?

I have listened to it a number of times and there are some interesting things going on - could I ask what tuning it is?

Regards

I think Phil has a point. Again, I like the tune but it does ramble a bit, nearly 7 minutes.  It would benefit from a re-working of the arrangement.  If you can put something together that has a bit more of traditional type song arrangement, verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/verse/chorus.  All the right stuff is in there, just needs a bit more polishing. 

Like I said before, keep 'em coming James. 

Quote from: Denis on September 10, 2011, 10:40:19 AM
James, your new tune is excellent.  I have one critique though, your levels are too high, the audio is distorting. 

Nice big open chords, great tune...keep 'em coming.

Thank you!!! Ya, I agree...It's hard to get it all level and crips with just a desktop cam. And They'll keep coming as I have time for them...gotta hate when stuff gets in the way of my guitar time! thx again Denis!
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
00' Larrivee D-02
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420

Quote from: PCT57 on September 11, 2011, 03:28:08 AM
Hi James

I liked it as well  :smile: but as Denis says the volume was distorting my laptop speakers even at the lowest level. I have a tendency (and this is my own personal thing) for shorter tunes so I was wondering - do you think it would benefit from being a minute or so shorter?

I have listened to it a number of times and there are some interesting things going on - could I ask what tuning it is?

Regards

I agree as well here, but the person whom this was written for wanted a lengthly tune...in all honesty I can cut the whole second half of the song off and still have a coesive tune...but its hard to stop playing sometimes ;)
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
00' Larrivee D-02
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420