Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Collision/larrivee Riding  (Read 2874 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 07:17:09 PM »

Ditto here on the prayers.

So how do you tell a real guitar lover? He gets in a car wreck and worries mostly about his guitar!

My wife stumbled and fell in my closet the other day.  This is where I keep my guitars.  She was pretty peaved when I asked if the guitars were ok before I asked if she was ok.  Pretty stupid of me, huh??  afro
You just have to be clever with your wording..."Honey, you didn't hit any of my guitars and get hurt, did you?"
12barBill

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 03:57:24 PM »

Quick update :

Thanks very much for the prayers and wellwishes. I'm touched by some of your responses.

I'm back at work today. Still "touchy" with the back and neck (me not guitar). Had a few rough days. Will see the doctor again in about a week if things aren't a lot better by then. Got a bodily injury insurance adjuster chasing me to make some kind of settlement. Offered me $300 plus doctor bill on the day after the wreck, and I never even asked for or expected any cash. I think they are trying to head off any kind of law suit. Heck, I just want my car fixed and any medical bills paid for (forever). He mentioned something about "30 days, or 60 days, or 90 days if you need it."

My LV03R seems to be OK. I think I was a lot more shook up after the wreck than I first realized, so I may have been "imagining" that my guitar was different. I checked the intonation closely all the way up the neck and the notes in the first three or four frets on every string are a kinda sharp, and I don't remember it being that way, they were all pretty close, but maybe my memory is off. The sixth string was always pretty sharp all the way up the neck on every note, every fret.

Me and my Larrivee are (at the moment) still in one piece and happy to be here.

Thanks again for the prayers and wishes.    
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 04:13:01 PM »

Quick update :

Thanks very much for the prayers and wellwishes. I'm touched by some of your responses.

I'm back at work today. Still "touchy" with the back and neck (me not guitar). Had a few rough days. Will see the doctor again in about a week if things aren't a lot better by then. Got a bodily injury insurance adjuster chasing me to make some kind of settlement. Offered me $300 plus doctor bill on the day after the wreck, and I never even asked for or expected any cash. I think they are trying to head off any kind of law suit. Heck, I just want my car fixed and any medical bills paid for (forever). He mentioned something about "30 days, or 60 days, or 90 days if you need it."

My LV03R seems to be OK. I think I was a lot more shook up after the wreck than I first realized, so I may have been "imagining" that my guitar was different. I checked the intonation closely all the way up the neck and the notes in the first three or four frets on every string are a kinda sharp, and I don't remember it being that way, they were all pretty close, but maybe my memory is off. The sixth string was always pretty sharp all the way up the neck on every note, every fret.

Me and my Larrivee are (at the moment) still in one piece and happy to be here.

Thanks again for the prayers and wishes.
Bill,

Don't be in too much of a hurry to settle it. You should have the guitar checked out by someone like unclrob or even Larrivee (at the other driver's expense). That shouldn't be too big of an expense unless there was some damage done and then you would know.

You also need to make sure that you are OK. That may mean that you need to be checked out by a good orthopedist and chiropractor (although I don't believe in them too much). Don't only go to a chiropractor.

I am not advising you to try to soak them but don't sell your injuries or potential injuries short. The adjuster is trying to close the case ASAP and as cheaply as possible. If that shortchanges you, that's not his concern. It does however need to be yours.  

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
l31itz

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 04:58:43 PM »

Bill,

You are living the nightmare that flashes in my mind's eye each time Larry goes for a ride; particularly when I have to load him into the rear-end of the minivan (no other room, wife and 4 kids).  You've already heard from the others that your physical pain won't completely manifest itself for days.

Sounds like Larry needs to see the doctor as well.

I've prayed for a full recovery for both you, your car and Larry, for what it's worth to you.

-Scott
No kidding. I used to keep my guitar in the trunk but I think I'll start putting it in the passenger seat next to me.  :unsure:  

2003 Breedlove SC20 Coco/Sitka (Nov 26 delivery)
Bone nut and saddle
Schaller nickel tuners
Ebony tuner buttons
L.R. Baggs Dual Element

2003 Larrivée OM-03R: SOLD

2003 Larrivée L-09: SOLD
jambrose

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2004, 03:14:49 AM »

Wow. Hope you're feeling better. I was rear ended almost 2o yrs ago, and didn't start feeling bad until 2-3 days, then got x-rays and had back issues. You definitely got to go to doctor, may regret if later in not.

Get well soon! :huh:  :blink:  

Joe
D-03
L-03
YercrupZer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 05:24:05 AM »

Hope you get to activity better. There's traveling to be some acerbity with just about any accident, but you should absolutely get arrested out.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »

You've gotten good advice here, and I'll join in on the concern. Take care of yourself. I've had both back and neck problems (not from a car accident), they're serious and not to be neglected.
Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »

Um, this is a five-year-old thread.  It looks like the post that revived it falls into the spam category.

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »

Um, this is a five-year-old thread.  It looks like the post that revived it falls into the spam category.

I think you're right...a 5 year old thread about someone being in a car accident....a first post and this:  California Criminal Defense Attorney is the link in his signature? 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: