Cases for L-05

Started by JohnTully, September 05, 2011, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 14, 2011, 09:20:55 PM
I believe Larrivee changed their Archtop Cases sometime in either 2009 or 2010. Well who ever makes them changed or they changed makers. The change IMHO hasn't been a change for the better. As the one's pre 2010 were Leather like covering seemingly quite highend the new Deluxe - hmmm not so much as I said earlier not a significant difference from the Basic Case. To me there is a greater difference between the pre 2010 Archtop Cases and the new Archtop then there is between the New Archtop and the Basic Case.

Having attempted to date the Cases this is not to say that you might order a guitar tomorrow and it come in the pre 2010 Case - I assume this is only because they still have some left in some "odd" guitar models :?

cheers for that info,if the difference is not so big then if the OP can put that fact and maybe what turn out to be "lies" to one side,then he is left with a great guitar,not sure if I could tbh,there is alway resale to think of too,if he were to ever want to selll this guitar,the 03 case may either lower the selling price slightly or slow down any sale.

Finally got the case! Not the Deluxe case with leather handle etc...But the archtop case that was meant for the L-05. Very nice!!! The dealer was gracious and put up with my whining about it. He dug around in his shop and dug around in the basement of the shop and finally found it.I am pleased.
Everyone who commented gave me the ammo I needed to pursue it. In the end they have a happy customer.
PEACE

That is great John that this was resolved to all's satisfaction. Important in the sense that if this is your first Larrivee odds are it won't be your last. Possibly a RW or Maple etc or a smaller one or a 12er........  :roll

Have you dated your guitar yet - because of the case ( newer deluxe) I am guessing late 2009 or newer.

The old 12er at the shop you commented on maybe you could tell us some more about that?

In late 2009 I believe, a Buddy of mine luved my C10 and it's case ( older deluxe) he saved his pennies and ordered himself a C10 ( headstock inlay the whole shabang) and when it arrived he opened it up and Bam!!! the newer style deluxe case he of course luved the guitar but was a little disappointed at the case I traded him mine a short while later for I was using a flight case. Thus I fully appreciate how a case can effect even a great guitar purchase.  Thinking about this now I think I will start a topic on case history
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)