amps

Started by Randy_R, September 02, 2011, 01:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Randy_R on September 07, 2011, 05:57:39 PM

So, will a hollow body be the next Larrivee project now that they have a T-bone?

Been doin a Hollow body Dance for a few years now soo I am hopin as it only makes sense  :beer
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 07, 2011, 06:06:14 PM
Been doin a Hollow body Dance for a few years now soo I am hopin as it only makes sense  :beer

A semi hollow Bakersfield would be a good starting point.  :cop:

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 07, 2011, 04:27:45 PM
That's a pretty cool idea: P-Rails in a 535...  :nice guitar:

Great pickups, I have them in the 535 and also in a Heritage 170 and a Carvin CT6. Series and parallel humbucker, single coil and P90 tones from each pickup and they can be freely combined. Neck P90 with parallel bridge humbucker or neck series with bridge P90 is not a problem. The switching is done using the triple shot mounting rings so no extra drilling or mini switches were required to do the job.

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 03, 2011, 11:49:00 AM
That amp posted by JOYCEfromNS is a Carr Mercury, I believe. It's a small tube amp, but with a 12" (or smaller version with 10") speaker, 8w switchable down to 1/2 watt.

I have it's big brother, a Carr Rambler 2x10. It's based on a Fender Deluxe Reverb, but has 28w switchable down to 14w, reverb, tremolo, and, unlike the DR, it has a middle tone control, making it a very versatile amp.

Steve Carr and his crew build these by hand in North Carolina. More info at their website: http://www.carramps.com/

Here's some shots of mine:

I'd really like to try a Carr amp some day, they have a very good reputation.

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on September 08, 2011, 04:42:57 AM
Great pickups, I have them in the 535 and also in a Heritage 170 and a Carvin CT6. Series and parallel humbucker, single coil and P90 tones from each pickup and they can be freely combined. Neck P90 with parallel bridge humbucker or neck series with bridge P90 is not a problem. The switching is done using the triple shot mounting rings so no extra drilling or mini switches were required to do the job.

Yeah, those triple shot mounting rings look like a great idea for expanding the pickup tones...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I bought a Fender G-Dec3-Thirty today. The number of features it had surpassed any other amp that I looked at in the under $500 price range. Not a tube amp, but had good tone. It appears I may need to take a college level class on programming it...   :ohmy:
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I heard the egnater stuff is pretty sweet. i myself play a mod50 which is outta this world!

Been playing with my used, but new to me via ebay - Goodsell 5/17 watt LE combo amp - still learning the tone/gain/volume settings and interaction, lots of choices it seems like. This is an early 2008 predecessor of his current Super 17 Mk lll model and still has the steel chassis and old Hammond organ transformers. His website is superseventeen.com  check out the "sounds and reviews"  videos on his site.
Seems a good partner to the RS-4.    :cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

:donut2 :donut2

Randy_R, How are you liking the G-dec?  I got a Mustang III a while ago and I've really been enjoying it.  I think its very similar to the G-decs. I found I was pretty overwhelmed by all the features initially, especially after plugging it into the computer.

Quote from: StephenM on October 06, 2011, 04:02:52 PM
:donut2 :donut2

Randy_R, How are you liking the G-dec?  I got a Mustang III a while ago and I've really been enjoying it.  I think its very similar to the G-decs. I found I was pretty overwhelmed by all the features initially, especially after plugging it into the computer.

I'll admit to not playing with the options very much yet. I just set it to 'British 60s Rock' and leave it there.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

If you want a damn nice sounding solid state Fender.. go check out the Mustang 2 or 3 series, lotta tone in these!

Quote from: WPete on October 06, 2011, 12:14:39 PM
Been playing with my used, but new to me via ebay - Goodsell 5/17 watt LE combo amp - still learning the tone/gain/volume settings and interaction, lots of choices it seems like. This is an early 2008 predecessor of his current Super 17 Mk lll model and still has the steel chassis and old Hammond organ transformers. His website is superseventeen.com  check out the "sounds and reviews"  videos on his site.
Seems a good partner to the RS-4.    :cheers

I've "heard" lots of good things about those Goodsell amps...you're right, it's an amp that's worthy of plugging in with your fine Larrivee guitar!

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

My amp search is officially over.

I'm now a member of the Goodsell amp club. Just bought the last non-black Super 17 MK III made. From now on they'll all be black unless custom made.

Sorta looks like an old suitcase, but then I'm a vintage sorta guy!

Can't wait to plug it in....

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

Very nice.  I like the look.
How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.