Setup

Started by stevelawsn, December 28, 2003, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just an observation...After getting a good setup on my D03, I am amazed at how much easier it is to play some of the barre chords that used to strain my fingers. Makes me want to practise more which is a good thing for me. I am also impressed with the tone and sustain of the guitar with a new bone saddle. Open chords just keep on ringin'.  Great sounding guitar for the money...

Happy New Year to everyone...
Larrivee D-03 (1997 model)
Larrivee LS-05
Larrivee 00-05

Yea, a setup and installation of the bone saddle made an amazing difference to my guitar.  

Happy New Years!

:)  

What kind of money did it cost you to have the saddle work done? :huh:  

I provided the bone saddle and had a setup done at the same time.  I was charged $75.00, which was well worth the money in my mind.  That said, I live in Washington DC; services are a bit more pricey then other parts of the country.

OK, you provided your own saddle.
May I ask where you got it?
Locally, mail-order, or on-line?
Thanks, Barry.  

Locally... I got it from Unclrob!   Although I have read in various threads about other sites where they are available.  

Cheers!    ;)  

Ok.
Thanks for your reply.
Barry. :)  

Setups are were it's at.The best part of being a repairman is the smile :D ,that and when someone comes back with a really big thanks on happy feet.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

UnclRob,

Although you didn't have the opportunity to do my set up the bone saddle is fantastic!  Wish you see my smile -  :D  

now do the happy with my guitar dance.See snoopy.glad to help.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

For those of a less affluent persuasion & who own a dog -  buy a beef bone from the butcher's/petstore, give it to your mutt to strip clean & bingo!, enough bone for umpteen bridge/nut blanks; can be easily worked with hacksaw/file/sander if you have basic necessary skills, & so cheap you can afford to make loads of failures 'til you come up with a good'un. I've set up several guitars (incl. 2 Larrivees ) from the one piece of bone, & improved every one, best cheap investment you can make!

Does your dog start drooling when he gets a sniff of your guitars? :P  
Larrivee D-03 (1997 model)
Larrivee LS-05
Larrivee 00-05