Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New PA/Amplifier on the scene.  (Read 746 times)
willfo

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

I had a serious impulse buy the other day at the local music shop. I sold a 2007 Vibrolux amp to one of the guys that works there , and a small compact PA caught my eye when I was looking around. It is made by a company called POWERWERKS. It is basically a Bose or Fishman solo amp design. It came with a 200watt 12" powered sub and a pole mounted 100 watt powered main with 4 4.5" speakers for the main. On the back is a 2 channel board with xlr or 1/4in inputs, eq, and a plug in for CD/mp3 player. I pickd up a pair of each for $800. Ihave yet to use it for a solo acoustic gig , but used it in conjunction with a mixing board with a trio. at a small/medium sized venue and was quite pleased(and told to turn down twice). It costs the same amount as most acoustic/keyboard amps and seems to very versatile. I would reccomend getting a small rackmount loaded with an eq unit and an effects unit as well for it has no built in fx , or a quality mixer , but for playing small to medium sized rooms I was very pleasantly surprised. Check 'em out if you see 'em. I do not have any affiliation with the company what so ever , I feel it would be an affront to the folks at Larrivee to let someone else give me my first endorsement deal

Larrivee D03RE
Fender Nashville B-Bender Tele
Republic Tricone
various banjo , mandolins, and lap steels
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »

Thanks for the info I was wondering if these things worked with an outboard mixer.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: