80's Larrivee Electrics cheap!

Started by GA-ME, August 02, 2011, 08:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw these for sale when looking for something else on the Subway Guitars inventory list. No affiliation, but the price seemed pretty cheap for a Larrivee quality electric, even if they are the "pud puller" variety...

"Beautiful Canadian pud-puller's guitar. It was so well-made, I couldn't resist, even though we don't generally allow stuff like this in the store. These were a closeout: carved flame maple top, ebony fretboard. All the high-tech wanking accoutrements. Neck through. We've got 5 of these: metallic charcoal, white, red, black and rubyburst (shown). We might de-wankify them by losing the locking stuff and adding a Wilkinson bridge. These thing probably list for over $1000. $400. "

http://www.fatdawg.com/newstock.html

It's a good thing none of those are lefties - I'd have to have one! What a great deal for some of you guys!

Duck, are you paying attention?!  :+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Always! The "Krammits" above the Larrivée may be interesting as well.

signed -
A proud Canadian pud-puller    :laughin:

that web page hasn't been updated in 10 years.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on August 02, 2011, 01:36:29 PM
that web page hasn't been updated in 10 years.

That's okay, neither have I!   :roll

So, are those Larrys or are those Kramers?
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on August 02, 2011, 02:35:27 PM
So, are those Larrys or are those Kramers?

The one pictured says Larrivee on the headstock - but it this webpage is 10 years old like Randy says, this is a moot conversation...   :rolleye:

The gentleman from Subway guitars says he has not updated or even logged on to his webpage etc for 8 years. He went through the Larrivees he had pretty quick and doesn't intend to purchase any more. They were from a dealer when the old series was discontinued.

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 03, 2011, 09:04:52 AM
The one pictured says Larrivee on the headstock - but it this webpage is 10 years old like Randy says, this is a moot conversation...   :rolleye:

Right then. We've got that settled. Let's get back to important stuff like ... What kind of strap will make a left handed mandolin sound best?  :wink:   

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 03, 2011, 10:01:56 AM
Right then. We've got that settled. Let's get back to important stuff like ... What kind of strap will make a left handed mandolin sound best?  :wink:   

I believe the hide for the strap should come from the left shoulder of the bovine...

Quote from: prsphantom on August 03, 2011, 09:18:31 AM
The gentleman from Subway guitars says he has not updated or even logged on to his webpage etc for 8 years. He went through the Larrivees he had pretty quick and doesn't intend to purchase any more. They were from a dealer when the old series was discontinued.

I bought one of them. It was well used and reworked a bit. I have since sold it.

If I recall right, I was told that they were from a guitar school and used by students.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

That may very well be the case. I talked to him yesterday, but after 8 years of running a guitar shop, id forget too. lol

Oh well, I seemed awfuly cheap for a guitar of that quality.

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 02, 2011, 09:17:37 AM
It's a good thing none of those are lefties - I'd have to have one! What a great deal for some of you guys!

Duck, are you paying attention?!  :+1:

I hear you, brother.   :crying:
All Lefty:
Acoustic:
Larrivee OMV-10
Larrivee D-05E
Martin CEO-7
Taylor 416

Electric:
Larrivee RS-4, Forum V #2
Fender American Standard Tele
Fender Aerodyne Strat