Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Beauty  (Read 4967 times)
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »

My reply to unclrob is now Hex Pickups - mid and VG (Roland Virtual Guitar)

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

I own both Heritages and Larrivee's. And I play both out. It's a close match for either guitar manufacturer.

My Heritage Prospect is about as close to the perfect guitar as you can get (totally subjective and personal opinon  ). Lightweight, perfect build, plays well as a clean baby or nasty brat. Comfortable enough to wear all night.

My Larrivee RS4  is about as close to the perfect guitar as you can get (totally subjective and personal opinon  ). Lightweight, perfect build, plays well as a clean baby or nasty brat. Comfortable enough to wear all night.

Oh wow ... deja vu. (i was going to post the same about the RS2, but i thought that might be pushing the pun  )

And don't forget the Heritage/Larrivee connection. Back in Heritage's start-up days JL built the bodies for the Heritage acoustic line. The k'zoo boys then put their necks on and finished the guitars. Everyone I know that has one thinks they are stellar!

Thanks for that piece of information. I did not know that. Interesting. By the way, my RS-4 is  perfect, as far as I can tell.   
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 02:44:42 AM »

I haven't moved past the GR33.I have helped set up for a couple of clients the VG88.I use the keyboard patches,sax's,trumpets and the string patch's mostly.I'm not a fan of the amp or guitar sample's I hope there better sounding then what I've heard.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 02:37:20 AM »

And don't forget the Heritage/Larrivee connection. Back in Heritage's start-up days JL built the bodies for the Heritage acoustic line. The k'zoo boys then put their necks on and finished the guitars. Everyone I know that has one thinks they are stellar!

I'd never heard this before! What years did Larrivee build the bodies for Heritage?   

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 04:48:17 AM »

Is that a Dragon?

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »

I wouldn't even compare the RS4 to the 157 to be honest. They're two different animals.

Might as well compare it to a PRS or a Carvin CT, maybe even a Heritage 170. The 157 and RS4 are both dual humbucker guitars, for me the similarity ends there.

The RS4 hangs on the strap and sits more like an SG than a Les Paul, for me anyway. I'm not saying either is better, they're both good, just different flavours of ice cream.

It's all good   
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 10:38:31 PM »

I wouldn't even compare the RS4 to the 157 to be honest. They're two different animals.

Might as well compare it to a PRS or a Carvin CT, maybe even a Heritage 170. The 157 and RS4 are both dual humbucker guitars, for me the similarity ends there.

The RS4 hangs on the strap and sits more like an SG than a Les Paul, for me anyway. I'm not saying either is better, they're both good, just different flavours of ice cream.

It's all good   
Thats exactly how I've been describing the RS2.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »

To me the biggest difference - in both feel and tone - is the different scale length. I like 25.5" scale on double humbucker guitars (I have four electrics with these specs), some folks don't ... it's all in the variety!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

To me the biggest difference - in both feel and tone - is the different scale length. I like 25.5" scale on double humbucker guitars (I have four electrics with these specs), some folks don't ... it's all in the variety!

I know exactly what you're saying. I started off on Fenders and played mostly those for a long time. These days I have double humbucker guitars with 24 3/4" and 25 1/2" scale length, and one or two in between at 25".

The scale length of the guitar doesn't concern me when I'm playing it, I know with some players it is a big deal, maybe because I started off on the longer Fender scale length, I don't know.

And yes variety is where it's at, vanilla one day, chocolate the next   
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »

I find I have more trouble with neck width and depth than I do with scale length when switching from guitar to guitar. Altho', I will say going from a 22 fret to a 21 fret has given me some fits in the past.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: