Taylor GS Mini

Started by Bailey, August 01, 2011, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just picked this GS Mini up from a forum member and had a nice face to face transaction with them. I just had a jam session the other night and played this little guitar with a room full of other, full sized, guitars. I have to say that this thing keeps up nicely. It is  pleasure to play and it is a nice comfortable size.

I think I found my new travel buddy!

Anyone else played one???

:guitar
Larrivee L_03RE
Larrivee OM_03R
PRS Soapbar
Boneyard Les Paul
Custom Strat

"It will be a great day when the schools get all the money that they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
                  --Bumper Sticker

Taylor nailed it on this one. My favorite guitar for the price.Crisp, clean and loud. Played it back to back with a baby Taylor, no comparison. In fact I played a beautiful $2,500 Gibson in the same room and much preferred The sound of the GS mini.
*Larrivee L03 Bubinga
*Kremona Sophia classical
*Taylor 562ce
* Makala Baritone Ukulele

I've had one for a few months now and love it.  (Picked it up at a Road Show.)  :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: Bailey on August 01, 2011, 05:18:50 PM

Anyone else played one???

:guitar

Yes.  I'd say it's a big step up from my Baby Taylor, but not as good sounding as my Larrivee Parlor.  The GS Minis are quite popular and sell quickly.

Quote from: mas music on August 02, 2011, 10:20:52 PM
Taylor nailed it on this one. My favorite guitar for the price.Crisp, clean and loud. Played it back to back with a baby Taylor, no comparison. In fact I played a beautiful $2,500 Gibson in the same room and much preferred The sound of the GS mini.

Congrats!!!

You're right. Taylor's marketing set this as a "travel guitar" even though it's bigger than most other travelling guitars. I think I may buy one soon ... except the local store doesn't have them. As someone who's travelling for work and spending time in hotels, I'd love to have one. I've never even played one but I've heard nothing but positive reviews.

I just played one yesterday and was very impressed.  It was cleaner than all the other similarly priced/sized guitars in the room.  Didn't have a chance to compare it to higher end, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this were I in the market.

Good sounding little guitars but the 1 11/16" nut is a deal breaker for a fat fingered hack like me!!!

Really good to know this. I never considered this guitar before

I played one a couple weeks back at the local Sam Ash. Very nice guitar, and very nice sound, too!!
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)