Lefty Larrivee Love

Started by SouthpawGuy, August 01, 2011, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have not seen/heard of any prior to August 2008
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Nice Pics !

Does anyone know when they changed from Lollar to their Custom PU's
I have two of them (serial 100017 and 100028) I'm sure they have the Lollars, but i've never heard or played and RS4 with their customs

Grtz.
willem

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on August 07, 2011, 02:27:34 PM
Have not seen/heard of any prior to August 2008

Interesting, good to know. So it was made fairly early on. Thanks.  :beer

Quote from: wdej on August 07, 2011, 04:04:55 PM
I have two of them (serial 100017 and 100028) I'm sure they have the Lollars, but i've never heard or played and RS4 with their customs

willem

There were some of the Larrivee pups around in 2008, though most were in 2009. There were only about 50 sets of the generation 1 pickups made. The majority of the pickups are the generation 2 pickups for Gits up to April 2010. The current version is the Generation 3 pickup which has the Butyrate Bobbins started around April 2010.

For your's (serial 100017 and 100028) I would bet they have the Lollars would be interested to hear completion date.  :gotpics:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I try to insert some pics, but how does this work?
How can i add a pic ?

thanks in advance.
willem

Quote from: wdej on August 08, 2011, 12:48:24 AM
I try to insert some pics, but how does this work?
How can i add a pic ?

Until you have 10 posts your status is a Newbie - Newbies s can not PM or send emails, therefore must include another way of contacting. Newbies also can not use appended images, however may include a link to an internet hosted image.

At 10 posts your status changes to Member Status at that point you can do all this. Sometimes this can be a bit of a pain for Newbies but because of all the Spam shite out there, this is a bit of a safeguard combatting that. So for the Greater Good we have this 10 post thing.

So tell us a little about you and your Larrivee and all of a sudden you will have 10 posts and this will be a non-issue for you and other Newbies who do the same, our community is a better place for it as it offers a chance for us all to participate and get to know each other.

Info about this and other stuff is in our Forum Rules Section Click Here please giver a Read as only takes about 2 or 3 minutes and is a foundation to who we are  :gotdonuts:

:welcome: Friend look forward to seeing your RS 4's and hearing from you about you.

OK, i understand.

well where to start? I was in a guitar shop in Holland and played a red one. I was serious impressed and could not believe these guitars where so good.
well, i have had a gibson custom shop and other LP's, but his...

They had two guitars at that time and i had some stuff to trade.
The owner of the shop - who is well known in Holland - already discovered that this type of guitar will not be the best seller of his shop.
So he made a fair price and believe it or not: i left the shop with a hardshell case in each hand loaded with two RS4's.......

In my red one i replaced the lollers with Kloppman pickups (58/59 set)

http://kloppmann-electrics.de/pickups/hb/

Checks this out, this guy knows what he is doing. It sound so cool. I mean the Lollars are real;y great but.....

anyway; this was my second message. still 8 to go, so do not ask me for pics. I will send them in my eleventh message ;-)

Have you considered contacting Larrivee via Email for a Manufacture Date of your Guitars. If you do, you must follow Larrivee's Directions that they provide Click HERE

Oh BTW  :gotdonuts:

Quote from: wdej on August 08, 2011, 03:49:37 PM
OK, i understand.

well where to start? I was in a guitar shop in Holland and played a red one. I was serious impressed and could not believe these guitars where so good.
well, i have had a gibson custom shop and other LP's, but his...

They had two guitars at that time and i had some stuff to trade.
The owner of the shop - who is well known in Holland - already discovered that this type of guitar will not be the best seller of his shop.
So he made a fair price and believe it or not: i left the shop with a hardshell case in each hand loaded with two RS4's.......

In my red one i replaced the lollers with Kloppman pickups (58/59 set)

http://kloppmann-electrics.de/pickups/hb/

Checks this out, this guy knows what he is doing. It sound so cool. I mean the Lollars are real;y great but.....

anyway; this was my second message. still 8 to go, so do not ask me for pics. I will send them in my eleventh message ;-)

Two RS4s on the same day ? That was a deal and a half !

and by the way ....

:nanadance

:wave   :humour:

Remember, SouthpawGuy, he can't post "pichers" until he has 8 more posts. I really do want to see that "red" RS-4, though...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Thanks, i was not aware of the fact that they have a procedure in place to find out the production date. I already send them an email with my questions.
And thanks for the reminder ;-) still 7 messages to go ....;-))

Quote from: wdej on August 09, 2011, 11:40:26 AM
Thanks, i was not aware of the fact that they have a procedure in place to find out the production date. I already send them an email with my questions.

:cheers  most interested in hearing your date of manufacture as pretty low ser #'s  Once Larrivee responds to you with a date you might consider placing the info HERE at a Larrivee Serial # Databank created by fellow Forumite ST. Have a look here as other very interesting info as well.

Any other experiences with Larrivee Guitars :?

Good suggestion ! I soon as i recieve the answers, i will add them !!

Quote from: wdej on August 09, 2011, 03:21:55 PM
Good suggestion ! I soon as i recieve the answers, i will add them !!

What colours did you say the RS4s were again ?  :winkin:

Clever, very clever .....

i chekced it on their site and as far as i can see, is it amber and cherry burst

I expected some comments on the fact that i swapped the lollars from the cherry burst version for Kloppmann PU's
Are there more people who changed their PU's and for what ??

Quote from: wdej on August 10, 2011, 03:22:36 PM

i chekced it on their site and as far as i can see, is it amber and cherry burst

I expected some comments on the fact that i swapped the lollars from the cherry burst version for Kloppmann PU's

I haven't heard of the Kloppmann pu'ps. Are they voiced like PAFs or more modern ? High or low / medium output ?

Quote from: wdej on August 10, 2011, 03:22:36 PM

I'd offer that you'd have more comments if you'd swapped out Larrivee pickups than the Lollars. As good as Jason makes, Matt's rival, if not exceed. Two RS4s in one day .... wow!
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Two RS-4's in one day? Sounds like something I might do. I bought a D-05 and a rosewood parlor in the same week.
:welcome:

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on August 10, 2011, 03:25:58 PM
I haven't heard of the Kloppmann pu'ps. Are they voiced like PAFs or more modern ? High or low / medium output ?

The Kloppmann PU's are real good and have low to medium output. In my opinion, the best starting position to create a good sound. You can add gain if you want, but i will never become a mess, because the sound remains open.
Listen on his website for sound samples...
http://www.kloppmann-electrics.de/en/pickups/

Is there anyone who have played an this guitar with Lollars and Larrivee's now pickups? I have no idea how the Larrivee PU's sound.
Are they quite similar to the Jasons or change it the RS4 in another guitar ?