Larry Telesque guit--what the lowdown?

Started by nuncle, July 30, 2011, 01:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 28, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
Masterbuilt Quality at slightly more than MIM price  :smile:  :nanadance

Joyce - MIM price on a standard Tele is about $500 + Shipping.  How much is the Bakersfield?  I'm assuming you are referring to Made in Mexico - correct?

Perhaps your definition of 'slightly' differs from mine!   :smile:

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 28, 2011, 04:17:57 PM
Joyce - MIM price on a standard Tele is about $500 + Shipping.  How much is the Bakersfield?  I'm assuming you are referring to Made in Mexico - correct?

-Scott

I commented on this in the other thread you posted in as well: it's a lot more than an MIM Tele. Closer to the street price of one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-american-vintage-series-52-telecaster-electric-guitar
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 28, 2011, 04:17:57 PM

-Scott

Sorry once again for the confusion on this comment Friends was just being kinda silly, as the cost to Larrivee for the Callaham products alone were almost half the cost of a MIM thought that it would be obvious. Sorry  :beer
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 28, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
Sorry once again for the confusion on this comment Friends was just being kinda silly, as the cost to Larrivee for the Callaham products alone were almost half the cost of a MIM thought that it would be obvious. Sorry  :beer

For someone not-in-the-know like me, there was no obvious quality to it at all.  Callaham - never heard of it before, just to show my ignorance.  MIM, I know what that's all about - see my signature for mine and for the general price range I play in.  My 1999 or 2000 L-03 is the most expensive instrument I've ever purchased, and that was before the rather rapid rise in street price on Larrys. 

Not a collector here, but would love a masterbuilt Tele-style guitar at slightly more than MIM price.  Not a Tele purist, as the tone that I would look for would be in the vein of a 72 Thinline model.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 28, 2011, 11:07:40 PM
For someone not-in-the-know like me, there was no obvious quality to it at all.  Callaham - never heard of it before, just to show my ignorance. 
-Scott

Callaham and the MSRP of the Bakersfield 2398 didn't think it would be taken to the $  My point was the Made in USA fit and finish quality of the parts I am amazed Larrivee makes a dime of these instruments
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 28, 2011, 11:07:40 PM
- see my signature for mine and for the general price range I play in.
-Scott

Those SX basses are great! I bought one used from a guy - he put a set of Seymour Duncan Bassline pups in it, and it plays and sounds great...looks nice, too. I have an SX Tele which has the most amazing bridge pickup in it that I've heard to date - Tele twang and growl for days! And I paid $59 for the whole guitar on sale from Rondo Music! Here's a pic (after mods - I turned the controls around, and put in a DiMarzio Strat neck pup):

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mikey thats my prefered way for the tele control's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 29, 2011, 04:34:55 AM
Callaham and the MSRP of the Bakersfield 2398 didn't think it would be taken to the $  My point was the Made in USA fit and finish quality of the parts I am amazed Larrivee makes a dime of these instruments

Believe it or not, Joyce - I totally missed the MSRP up in the upper right corner.  I kept hunting around for it down in the text of the page!  You are right, had I seen that, it would have been an obvious joke.

I didn't think the MSRP was on the Larrivee page.

I gotta quit looking at it however - I like every single color - alot!
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on September 29, 2011, 03:37:37 PM
I gotta quit looking at it however - I like every single color - alot!

Yeah, it's VERY HARD to choose just one color!  :crying:

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 29, 2011, 04:06:59 PM

I've also got the Tobacco burst w/mini HB on order. Yes, it was hard to choose which color but I made up for that by ordering the extra pickguard/pickup configuration  :winkin:. I've been playing my recently acquired RS-4 just about every day but I'm looking forward to getting my Bakersfield.

Randy  :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2
RS-4 Forum V Mini's,

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 29, 2011, 04:06:59 PM

So many colors, so many choices.  I know, I'll just order a "Bakersfield Dozen"!   :winkin:

:roll

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on September 29, 2011, 05:11:32 PM
I know, I'll just order a "Bakersfield Dozen"!   :winkin:

Mike

Mike don't be puttin ideas in my head  :mad:

:smile: