Bakersfield posted on Facebook

Started by tulk1, July 22, 2011, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason at Notable Guitars was gracious enough to fulfill my request for a picture of the Copper Bakersfield.  Here it is  :drool: :drool:

[attachment deleted by admin]
'97 Ibanez AW-300
'04 Fender Tele - American Series
'07 Larrivee JCL re-issue
'09 Fender Tele - American Deluxe
'10 Ron Kirn Custom T-Style (Tele)

Quote from: fritferret on July 25, 2011, 05:17:03 PM
yep, i placed an order today w/ dennis at adirondack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

butterscotch, singles in the neck and bridge, black p'guard.  can't wait!

Hmmmmm...if I were you, I'd try and see if that NAMM butterscotch was available.  That's a bitchin guitar.

Quote from: caboose on July 25, 2011, 05:52:11 PM
Jason at Notable Guitars was gracious enough to fulfill my request for a picture of the Copper Bakersfield.  Here it is  :drool: :drool:

i think i might need to change my order!!!

Is it my imagination or are there a serious amount of lefties interested in the new Larrivees ?

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on July 25, 2011, 06:59:12 PM
Is it my imagination or are there a serious amount of lefties interested in the new Larrivees ?

Nope not your imagination. Larrivee Lefties are built by a lefty for a Lefty
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 25, 2011, 11:46:58 AM
I still think The Fullerton(e) would be good.
:+1:
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

Quote from: fritferret on July 25, 2011, 06:19:06 PM
i think i might need to change my order!!!

Don't understand the issue - get two colors and two PUP configs - too easy :whistling:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Still ... it's hard to choose the color for the first one! I know it will be butterscotch, Mary Kay white, or the red...those are all gorgeous. I'm leaning toward the traditional butterscotch, since I already have two Mary Kay white Warmoth Strats.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi guys,

I have the Butterscotch Blonde from NAMM here at my shop...It's not for sale just a prototype. I'm showing it to a customers to let them see them and get a feel for it to see if they want one. It is an amazing guitar. Pretty fat neck..Not really Nocaster Fat but it's very comfortable to play. The pickups sound very authentic and the hardware is top of the line Callaham and Kluson. Not the cheap klusons on most guitars in this price range but the expensive klusons!!! Larrivee hit a homerun with the Bakersfield! It sounds amazing and is one of my favorite T's I have ever played....and I'm a tele fanatic! Everyone here has gone nuts over it! Cutomers and Employees.....and myself!!!!

Brian
www.southernguitars.net
Authorized Larrivee dealer

Quote from: Southern Guitars on July 29, 2011, 12:38:41 PM
Hi guys,

I have the Butterscotch Blonde from NAMM here at my shop...
Brian
Could you post some pics of that guitar? If just to fuel the fire and feed the beasts.  :whistling:
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: Southern Guitars on July 29, 2011, 12:38:41 PM
Hi guys,

I have the Butterscotch Blonde from NAMM here at my shop...It's not for sale just a prototype. I'm showing it to a customers to let them see them and get a feel for it to see if they want one. It is an amazing guitar. Pretty fat neck..Not really Nocaster Fat but it's very comfortable to play. The pickups sound very authentic and the hardware is top of the line Callaham and Kluson. Not the cheap klusons on most guitars in this price range but the expensive klusons!!! Larrivee hit a homerun with the Bakersfield! It sounds amazing and is one of my favorite T's I have ever played....and I'm a tele fanatic! Everyone here has gone nuts over it! Cutomers and Employees.....and myself!!!!

Brian

whoa!!  that's gorgeous, love the highlighted woodgrain on that one.  the tummy and forearm cuts make so much sense for comfort,  that's one of my pet peeves with the telecaster.  The neck shape and nut width will be a personal preference thing of course but the Larrivee quality should trump all the other tele style electrics. I'd love to try one!! Thanks for the detailed pics. How about a sound clip or two thru a princeton or deluxe reverb?

Oh yeah! That's beautiful! Butterscotch or tobacco burst is going to be a real dilemma for me.

Let me see what we can do today to get a sound clip or a video up!! We'll do it through a Deluxe Reverb and maybe a Dr. Z Maz Jr. It may take me a while as Saturdays are somewhat busy!!!!!
www.southernguitars.net
Authorized Larrivee dealer

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 30, 2011, 08:03:26 AM
Oh yeah! That's beautiful! Butterscotch or tobacco burst is going to be a real dilemma for me.

Whichever one shows up on the 'bay first, right, duck?

:wink:\

Our band played a gig last night (at a county fair - kinda fun). We were followed by another band, and their guitar player is the president and manager of several music stores in Omaha and Lincoln; we've known each other for 15 years. We were talking during set up because I had my RS-2 there (performed flawlessly and sounded great, btw).

So I said something to him about the Bakersfield and that I would probably be ordering one when funds permit. He said he got to play one at  NAMM, so I asked what he thought. His response was:

"It's the best Tele knock-off I've ever played."  :bowdown:

You need to understand, this guy knows guitars and has played or owned "everything" - so he knows good gear and he knows fluff.

Now I've really got GAS...    :crying: