Bakersfield posted on Facebook

Started by tulk1, July 22, 2011, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm just wondering if the tobaccoburst looks enogh like my '05 3-tone burst Tele to make my wife think they're the same guitar... :roll :whistling:

A couple of observations from the Premier Guitar vid:

I'm diggin' Ricky Thompson's JCL tattoo. Not sure if I'm ready to commit to one yet, but ya' gotta' love it.

Anyone else loving that neck pickup sound? Not dark at all - nice and jazzy. Not that the bridge doesn't sound great too, but sometimes the neck just isn't very sweet.  I think they nailed it on this. Pterry much seals the decision for me about whether to get the mini HB in the neck - not this time.  Besides, it sounds like the body is routed to accept It later if I change my mind and you get the mini HB and the pickguard as a package it sounds like.

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300
'04 Fender Tele - American Series
'07 Larrivee JCL re-issue
'09 Fender Tele - American Deluxe
'10 Ron Kirn Custom T-Style (Tele)

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 24, 2011, 09:37:22 AM
Colour? Well let's see. I have an 80's black LT-1 LarrivĂ©e telecaster. My Fender is white like the Mary Kay. The butterscotch is really nice and shows the wood well. The red is no ugly stepsister. Maybe we'll see a used tobacco burst in a few months. My budget may look better by then. I could work some overtime.   :whistling:

Here's the color options

Colors:
   Transparent Amber
   Transparent Red
   Butterscotch
   Mary-Kay White
   Metallic Blue
   Copper
   Black
   Tobacco Sunburst

I gotta say I like the butterscotch.  The figuring on that NAMM butterscotch is quite nice.

Here's my question...if they decide to make a strat style...what will they name it.
I nominate The Carlsbad or The Santa Cruz.

I saw those color choices on the Larrivee site and if copper is going to be an actual choice, i might have to think seriously about that one.  I loves me some Coppercaster.  Let me be the first to coin the term "Copperfield" for that particular model... Copper Bakersfield.  I might have to get it in that color just because of the name.

With regards to a future Larrivee Strat style... I suppose the name "Corona" is out of the question...?  :tongue:
Really, it would be a nice tip of the hat to the originator of the model, but I'm sure it would be frowned upon by many.

Okay, so now my choices have come down to Mary Kay white, Tobaccoburst or Copper. Ya' know, i come to this forum for HELP - not deepening of my dilemma... :laughin:

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300

Quote from: caboose on July 23, 2011, 02:41:00 PM
So - I love my JCL 40th so much, I am pretty sure I'm going to have to add one of these to my T-style stable - questions:

I'm near Seattle and, like some other Northwesterners here, am at a loss for a brick and mortar site from which to purchase.  So, does anyone know if notable guitars will have these?  Thet are fairly close (Montana) and previous experience with the owner tells me it's a place I'd like to do business with.  If not Notable - recommendations for other online Larrivee sources?

Someone please, please, please tell me what "52 Blackguard neck profile" means to Matthew and the other fine folks at Larrivee.  Trying to get a definitive answer to what constitutes a 52 neck profile is like trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.  Does Larrivee think it should be beefy, V-shaped, D-shaped, WHAT???

What color, what color, what color???

When will they be able to be ordered?

Cheers,  Dean

According to the "book" the 51 and first 6 months of 52 teles had a fairly slim neck, and the from the 2nd half of 52 on, the necks were quite varied.

I assume you're talking about Nacho's Blackguard book... I REALLLLLY have to get a copy of that book.  I think I'm just going to resign myself to the neck of the Bakersfield being whatever it happens to be.  I'm not that picky.

On another note... anyone know what kind of case the B'field is going to ship with?  There's such a wide variety of historical T-style cases (e.g. Tweed Thermometer, rectangular tweed, formed tweed, etc.).  I have to believe that Larrivee is going to ship in some kind of period-correct style of case, just haven't seen any details.  Anyone know?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Has anyone heard when the dealers are taking orders/starting to ship...?

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300

Dean

I would be most interested in hearing your comparison with your current T's
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on July 24, 2011, 07:28:38 PM
Dean

I would be most interested in hearing your comparison with your current T's

Certainly - to the extent allowed by my limited abilities (both playing and sound/playability comparison)  :bgrin:.  From the Premier Guitar NAMM video posted here, I can tell you I'm excited to hear those pickups in person... especially that neck pickup.
NOTE: Only my Tele Deluxe has the original Fender noiseless pickups (SCN's).  The '04 American Series has a Lollar Special T set and the Kirn has the Lollar Alnico 3 set.  As you can tell, I'm a bit of a Lollar fan - especially since he's right in my backyard.

Assuming I follow through and get a Bakersfield (I'm entertaining a Tele Chambered-body, Spruce-top as well), I will be delighted to take a shot at a comparison.  I will need to do that anyway because I'm thinking about selling the Deluxe and/or the '04 after my next T-style purchase.

Now, if I could just figure out when I'll be able to purchase one...  :?

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300

Quote from: Walkerman on July 24, 2011, 12:05:03 PM
Here's my question...if they decide to make a strat style...what will they name it.
I nominate The Carlsbad or The Santa Cruz.

I still think The Fullerton(e) would be good.

Quote from: Walkerman on July 24, 2011, 07:49:56 AM
Did you all notice that he called the RS2 "The Ventura"
So, now we have a Bakersfield and a Ventura

I see on the Larrivee website the RS4 is the Monterey....cool.

So my RS-4 is a "Monterey" - cool.

I wonder if I can call my first generation RS-2 a Ventura...or should I call it something else? Maybe just an Oxnard (although that doesnt' have the ring to it). I like Malpaso, or Carmel (Clint Eastwood fan here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malpaso_Productions ).

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Walkerman on July 24, 2011, 01:05:48 PM
According to the "book" the 51 and first 6 months of 52 teles had a fairly slim neck, and the from the 2nd half of 52 on, the necks were quite varied.

The one neck spec that is very clear on the website is the nut width of 1.75". That's wide for a Tele, but I have several Warmoth necks that size, and I love 'em.

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 25, 2011, 12:59:50 PM
So my RS-4 is a "Monterey" - cool.

I wonder if I can call my first generation RS-2 a Ventura...or should I call it something else? Maybe just an Oxnard (although that doesnt' have the ring to it). I like Malpaso, or Carmel (Clint Eastwood fan here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malpaso_Productions ).

Well then, you ought to call it "Hog's Breath."   :roll

Here is picture illustrating the shape of the tele neck at the 1st and 12th fret.

Also the case used is a non traditional case. It's a ractangular style case. While I would have liked tweed, I think the case we choose is classy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Matthew!!  Looks beefy enough.  Not that it's a deal-breaker, but can the case be viewed somewhere?  I'm good with the non-tweed, just curious about what you guys chose.

Thanks,  Dean

'97 Ibanez AW-300

I've got to turn in my mileage and expenses for the past few months so I can order one of these...

:nice guitar:

Quote from: Walkerman on July 25, 2011, 01:15:11 PM
Well then, you ought to call it "Hog's Breath."   :roll

Nope ... I've got it: "Gran Torino" - since Ford doesn't make that model anymore.

So when are these going to be in stores to be brought home??

I don't think I'm speaking out of school when I tell you what I've been told:

You can place your order with your favorite Larrivee dealer now.  The dealer I've been corresponding with said expect 6-12 weeks delivery timeframe at this point.

Now... tobaccoburst or copper.  As much as I loooove that copper color, I'm thinkin' it's a shame to totally hide that grain.  And Larrivee does seem to be able to produce one verrrry tasty 'burst, don't they!! 

So, pick your favorite dealer and go ALL IN!  I'm hoping for number 66.

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300

yep, i placed an order today w/ dennis at adirondack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

butterscotch, singles in the neck and bridge, black p'guard.  can't wait!

NICE!!  Congrats!!

I'm hoping I don't regret not going with the Butterscotch - the quintessential color for this style.  I'm guessing I'll make up my mind on the color tonight and place my order with Notable tomorrow.  We can compare notes along the way :nana_guitar.

Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300