Bakersfield posted on Facebook

Started by tulk1, July 22, 2011, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bakersfield was posted on Facebook last night. First I've seen mention of the actual guitar on their page.

Jean Larrivee Guitars on Facebook
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

A fine crop of RS-04's on display as well.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

Very nice looking - I'll definitely get one asap.

Still no pics or specs up on Larrivee's website...

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I spy an RS-4 with P90s in those NAMM pics.

Is that still a current model ?

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on July 22, 2011, 11:38:02 AM
I spy an RS-4 with P90s in those NAMM pics.

Is that still a current model ?

Yes  :drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on July 22, 2011, 11:44:09 AM
Yes  :drool:

Thanks.

I also noticed an RS-4 / P-90 with a custom graphic finish, very non traditional, I'm guessing they are made for the NAMM show.

Saw this on Premier Guitar's site.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Stoked to try the Bakersfield soooooo close
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:drool:   :drool:   :drool:

Need more pics from NAMM!!!

:drool:   :drool:   :drool:

website update!!!!!!  checkout the larrivee website!

Yummy!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kenny

Right here:

http://www.larrivee.com/instruments/electrics/bakersfield/bakersfieldspecs.php

CRAP. All four colors are so dang GORGEOUS!!! How do I pic only one?!

Love some of the specs:
1.75" nut! Love that!
Single piece quartersawn maple neck
Tahitian black mother of pearl fret markers! Cool!
Neck profile is a perfect replication of a '52 blackguard - should be on the beefier side - nice!

I could go on, but you can check it all out there!

:drool:
:arrow
:thumb
:bgrin:
:bowdown:

So - I love my JCL 40th so much, I am pretty sure I'm going to have to add one of these to my T-style stable - questions:

I'm near Seattle and, like some other Northwesterners here, am at a loss for a brick and mortar site from which to purchase.  So, does anyone know if notable guitars will have these?  Thet are fairly close (Montana) and previous experience with the owner tells me it's a place I'd like to do business with.  If not Notable - recommendations for other online Larrivee sources?

Someone please, please, please tell me what "52 Blackguard neck profile" means to Matthew and the other fine folks at Larrivee.  Trying to get a definitive answer to what constitutes a 52 neck profile is like trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.  Does Larrivee think it should be beefy, V-shaped, D-shaped, WHAT???

What color, what color, what color???

When will they be able to be ordered?

Cheers,  Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300
'04 Fender Tele - American Series
'07 Larrivee JCL re-issue
'09 Fender Tele - American Deluxe
'10 Ron Kirn Custom T-Style (Tele)

Okay... So that's really helping with the GAS... :thumbsup
'97 Ibanez AW-300

Quote from: fritferret on July 23, 2011, 10:47:01 PM
Bakersfield

Did you all notice that he called the RS2 "The Ventura"
So, now we have a Bakersfield and a Ventura

I see on the Larrivee website the RS4 is the Monterey....cool.

Quote from: Walkerman on July 24, 2011, 07:49:56 AM
Did you all notice that he called the RS2 "The Ventura"
So, now we have a Bakersfield and a Ventura
The P90 version ... yeah. So, what's the HB version called?  :? Feeling left out of the cool names!  :rolleye:

I'd be interested is hearing an answer to caboose's question about the neck profile, unless I just missed it in the vid or the specs. Altho', I've been able to handle just about any neck but a seriously skinny neck. And a rosewood FB in the near future!!  :beer Wonder when these will start hitting the stores?
Kenny

Must ... have ... one ... but ... have ... spent ... all ... the ... guitar budget.   :crying:

I think the only way we will get a definitive answer on the neck is when someone who has access to one can get a set of calipers on her. According to the reading I've done, the original 52's were all over the board because they were hand-sanded.  I don't know if any of the originals were "baseball bats" like the Nocasters but I gather that they were varying thicknesses.
Bottom line is, I guess, I don't care as long as it's not a pencil-neck but I can't see that being the case. I think the 52 was intended to be a little on the thick side...wasn't it?  I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Now for the color question... It's down to a horserace between Mary Kay and Tobaccoburst since I already have a amber/butterscotch that I know I won't be gettig rid of.  How about y'all... What color has the GAS at full-tilt?

One of my favorite musicians once said "the wai-ai-ting is the hardest part..."

Cheers,  Dean
'97 Ibanez AW-300

Colour? Well let's see. I have an 80's black LT-1 LarrivĂ©e telecaster. My Fender is white like the Mary Kay. The butterscotch is really nice and shows the wood well. The red is no ugly stepsister. Maybe we'll see a used tobacco burst in a few months. My budget may look better by then. I could work some overtime.   :whistling: