Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More on my RS2  (Read 621 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »

There is just something about my RS2 that I don't get. I like the guitar, I really really do. Honestly, tho', I prefer the RS4 - probably because I'm drawn to pretty guitars; helps cover the ineptitude on my part. But here's what I get in response when I play the white RS2 HB:

Tracy, my singer: "I like that white guitar better than the pretty one. It just seems to cut thru better, is cleaner."

My drummer: "Oh cool!!, you got the white one back. I like that guitar! I can really hear it better."

My repair guy: "Dude, those pickups are killer. If you ever decide to get rid of that guitar, give me shout." (this is the guy that did the fret dress/ setup)

Our current bass player: "Nope, don't need it in my monitor, I can hear it just fine from here." Okay, that's a bass player's opinion, but still ....

A respected local guitar player in the audience last Saturday: "Your guitar is on fire! That thing sounds awesome."

An auditioning player last night: "I really like the tone of that guitar. Didn't know Larrivee made electrics. I love Larrivee guitars." (he has good taste!)

And yes, that was all an excuse to post more pictures. 

And I just happen to like this pic. Tracy on her OMV-05E.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »

Maybe because they don't have covers on them, they cut through better. Or it could just be the sonics/tone of the two different guitars' wood. Some guitars are much more alive than others.

nice guitar

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
willguitar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:46:44 AM »

You play with Larry the Cable Guy? How cool is that? 

Going have to check out the RS-2.

nice guitar

Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: