Who Deserves a Larrivee Model named after them?

Started by Jscott, July 20, 2011, 07:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A lot of Big Guitar Makers have certain Models made after Artists and you don't see Artist Models from Larrivee Guitar. Maybe this is a good thing, But IF larrviee decided to make a Model named after
an Musician, Who would you pick?  My number 1 choice would be Wane "The Train" Hancock. He has done more to keep rockabilly country folk style alive than anyone I know. He is Always on the road
playing show's even if he isn't booked.. He is beyond great and he plays a Larrivee.

I thnk the Larrivée "Ducktrapper" would be very cool. I believe it should be a special D-05. I would reluctantly accept the undeserved accolades.  :whistling:

Naming after guitarists is so cliche. Why not the The Larrivee Hasselhoff, or a signature model  named after one of the many great performing animals in show business.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Dang I was going to suggest a Ducktrapper modal.I mean jeezz he'd be the perfect spokesperson.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

My vote would go for the "Peter Yarrow" -09. The first time I saw him play his famous L I thought "some struggling luthier got a star to play his instrument"! I say if they're still performing they shouldn't have a signature model. Let it be a tribute to a complete "body of work".

f

:guitar
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

I know! Call it the Forum V. Maybe a 12 fret jumbo all hog. Now that's a  :nice guitar:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I think that "signature models" are cheap, sleezy marketing gimmicks.
Given that, if I were going to make a signature model, it would not be anyone like wane Hancock.....it would be someone people have heard of and want to copy their sound (ha ha)....like buying an Eric Clapton Martin will automatically make the purchaser play and sound like Slowhand.

I do believe so.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Actually the truth is we deserve one.  Or two or three. The Forum guitars.

An unclrob 12 fret, 12 string maple looking like an old harmony.

Something for Denis... I'm not sure what anymore.... but definitely something.

And obviously "Danny's Git"  ie. An LSV with a 1 13/16 neck made to original specs. and in a 12 fret,
"Shortscale".      Just because I'm such a nice fellow. :ohmy:

(OK so we give the duck a headstock emblem on a D-01 :winkin:)

I forgot ST. I am so sorry :donut

We need the "Blingenist" Larrivee ever made in a Jazz F hole version for my man. :thumbsup

Quote from: Walkerman on July 21, 2011, 05:44:17 PM
I think that "signature models" are cheap, sleezy marketing gimmicks.
Given that, if I were going to make a signature model, it would not be anyone like wane Hancock.....it would be someone people have heard of and want to copy their sound (ha ha)....like buying an Eric Clapton Martin will automatically make the purchaser play and sound like Slowhand.

Which is why I was making fun of the idea of a signature model for a guitar brand that regularly gets posts noticing some unknown guitar player, like myself, in some low key situation like a picnic or something. Whaddyagonnado?   

Maybe a sig model is one without the makers name on the headstock. Just blank. Then in a way symbolically Yours in a zen sense.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Quote from: hadden on July 22, 2011, 09:18:07 AM
Maybe a sig model is one without the makers name on the headstock. Just blank. Then in a way symbolically Yours in a zen sense.

Well lookee here then! Presenting the Larrivée Nobody!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 22, 2011, 03:48:50 PM

:thumbsup
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 22, 2011, 03:48:50 PM

Awesomeriffic! Once, I saw nobody in concert and it was better 'en anybody else ever!!!!! And, his Larrivee signature model was the best guitar ever!!!!!!

Signature cartoon character model: the Larrivee Foghorn Leghorn

You'd have to get a real mascot rooster to scratch his X on those guitars. Not practical!
L-03 Italian Spruce

Super cool headstock, Duck. That's hardcore Larrivee right there. :thumb
L-03 Italian Spruce

How about this?
Never mind the "signature model" idea, which I think most people can see thru anyways.  Why not have an ad campaign where people like Ducktrapper, Dan, GA-ME, Denis, etc. are used to endorse the guitars?  Put them on camera, play a few licks, explain why they like the guitar and why it works for them or whatever.  My angle is that this would be an endorsement by everyday players who know and love guitars but are not necessarily "stars".  They just play Larrivees and they want to pass on the good word about these guitars.

No offense to any of you out there.  I don't mean to imply that you are not "stars".  My definition of a star is someone who has become popular with the public and is selling lots of product regardless of how talented this person is or how saavy about guitars.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar