Larrivee Electrics

Started by corn husk bag, July 12, 2011, 06:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Folks,
I have 3 Larrivee acoustics, and I dearly cherish them :+1:! My question is do their electrics play as well as the acoustic line? I have yet to try an electric.

Question #2. Are there any shops in Seattle that carry the electrics?

I play Les Pauls, SG and strats but would love to try a Larrivee electric. Are the necks 1 3/4 inches wide at the nut like the acoustics?

Any shed light will  be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Nut Width 1 & 11/16th"

Larrivee had made thousands of top notch electrics in the 80's ceasing in the early 90's only to resume a few years back with JCL and Matthew at the helm. I'm convinced that Matthew will be everything and more to electrics as his dad was to acoustics.

I have Les Pauls SG's custom shop strat, 52 reissue tele to name only a few, If I could only keep one for the rest of my days it would be the Larrivee RS 4. They are as fine electric made today.

If you are in the market for an electric guitar you might have to look a little harder to find one but you would do yourself a disservice by not looking at an RS 4. If you are the type that doesn't require the headstock to say Gib or Fend then I my money is on you will go home with an RS 4. If you think you need the Gib on your headstock ( which is OK of course as many do) then don't waste your time just get the LP. Since you already own 3 Larrivees I would guess you are the former :smile:

:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Take a look here RS 4 thread for my thoughts on the RS 4.  Since that post, I've acquired a 2nd RS 4.  With two examples of this excellent, guitar at my fingertips, my enthusiasm continues undiminished. 

I can't help you out with the Seattle area, but in answer to your first question, if anything Larrivée makes a better electric than they do acoustic - and I dearly love my Larrivée acoustics.
How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.

"....Question #2. Are there any shops in Seattle that carry the electrics?..."
There's plenty of on line dealers...just make sure you get sufficient right to return time.

Or....

American Music
4450 Fremont Ave
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 633-1774
www.americanmusic.com

Guitar Emporium
5349 Ballard Avenue
NW Seattle, WA 98107
(206) 783-7607
www.guitaremporium.com
Guitarville
19258 15th Ave NE
Seattle WA 98155
(206) 363-8188
www.guitarville.com

Hello,
None of those places carry Larrivee guitars.

Kind regards,
Steve

Steve ...time for a guitar roadtrip...find the nearest town or city that has a Larrivee electric,,get up early in the morning ..drive or take amtrak..and bring cash just incase  there's a beauty larri electric waiting for you  :donut
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

I recently bought an RS-2, my first Larrivee, and now my Les Paul hardly gets played.  My RS-2 is sort of a hybrid between the RS-2 and the RS-4 as it has a maple top (flat, not arched).  The tone is what sets this guitar apart.  It has Larrivee P-90s, so that combined with the 25.5 scale just gives the instrument a singing quality that I love.  Hope this helps you with your quest.
2010 RS-2 w/ P-90s and flamed maple top
2002 Les Paul DC
2007 MIM 60's Strat
2012 MIK Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro
1995(6?) MIJ Jackson Soloist
1989? MIK Washburn KC-60V w/ DiMarzios
2013 YRG-1000 Gen 2 Guitar Synth
2004 MIJ Takamine AN10

My singer plays a Larrivee OMV-05E acoustic. I've always coveted her guitar. Then saw the RS4/RS2 electrics. Managed to snag an RS2 first. With a proper setup it plays every bit as well as any of my guitars. Sonically, I'd put it closer to an SG than an LP, IF I had to make that comparison. Honestly, altho' it's a slab 'hog body with HBs, it's not an SG ... it's an RS2.

I also managed to snag a gorgeous RS4 Charcoal. Again, more like an LP, probably due to the maple cap. But then, it's not an LP. It stands on it's own as a single cut, carved top, HB equip'd electric guitar. Flawless construction, awesome playability. And any other platitudes one would care to heap on a great guitar.

Thing is, Larrivee doesn't put out junk. They have less expensive models, they have more expensive models. But they don't have cheap models.  :wink: Buy with confidence.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Corn....

I have three of The electrics (one with Lollars, one with P90's and the other with Larrivee pickups. )  PM me or email me and we can get together for you to try one out.  I should sell one, and maybe we can work something out.

Matt

(I live in Lynnwood and work in Edmonds)
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Quote from: photomat on July 19, 2011, 01:31:28 PM
I should sell one, and maybe we can work something out.

Don't do it Matt!!!!!! :smile:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Yeah ... I know what Matt's up to ... he just wants to sell one so he can get the new Bakersfield!!!   :arrow
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Don't get your britches in a bunch........ :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am just thinking...man it is hard to find a place to try any Larrivees around here (seattle), let alone the electrics, and I can more than happily help a fellow by offering hem/her to try one of each flavor (except the bakersfield yet.......).  I was thinking that might be very helpful to Corn (or any other Seattle area folk)

As for the Bakersfield....I will have to check with my Electric larrivee guy and see if/when I might be able to get one or two.....

Any word yet on availability from anyone on the B????
FIII M/IS

Quote from: photomat on July 19, 2011, 10:46:59 PM

Any word yet on availability from anyone on the B????

My GUESS is soon after Summer NAMM soooooo maybe next week :? :? :? :?

Ironically, there are already some for sale in Germany, but none on the left/west coast...?  :?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: photomat on July 19, 2011, 01:31:28 PM
Corn....

I have three of The electrics (one with Lollars, one with P90's and the other with Larrivee pickups. )  PM me or email me and we can get together for you to try one out.  I should sell one, and maybe we can work something out.

Matt

(I live in Lynnwood and work in Edmonds)

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the offer to try the electric Larrivees. I just happen to work in Edmonds, I live in Arlington. I could not get the PM thing to work on this forum. Maybe I am to new. I will have time the middle part of next week. I will email you tomorrow. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Great....shoot me an email and I will get you my Phone number.  Weird to go to a world wide forum and meet someone in town.  I own a business in the Westgate area.

Matt
FIII M/IS

Hey Corn husk, I have my three Larrivees at work for you to try...I have not heard back to see if you want to try them out...post here or email since I can not even leave PM for you until you have 10 posts.
FIII M/IS