Need new tuners for my OMV-03

Started by pcmancini, July 17, 2011, 08:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all, I know the replacement tuner topic comes up often but I now need a drop in compatible set of tuners for my OMV-03.  It currently has the original Ping Tuners (18:1 Ratio) and the D string tuner is beginning to stiffen up. It was built in 2004 if that helps.

Since I have to do this I do want to upgrade as well as replace.

Thanks and links would be appreciated.

Regards,
Paul

-------------
OMV-03
Rhodes Mark 1
-------------

I don't know if the tuners off the D and L Larrivees will fit, but I've got a couple of sets sitting around.  These are the regular size tuners with the offset/angled screw attachment in back.  rwskaggs1@att.net - let me know if this will help. :nana_guitar
RW Skaggs, the tinman:

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart   Guitar" SJ; Osage Orange; Master Grade Italian Spruce; Inlay by Jimi Wingert   :D
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar + Italian double top
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl
Seagull Parlor in Nashville high tuning

I replaced the tuners on my L-03 and I'm relatively certain they are the same as on the OM. The Gotoh 381s drop in quite nicely (I used the all black). The trick is to get the tuner with the 45 deg. offset. The 510 also work as many on this forum will attest.

http://www.hosco.co.jp/HOSCO_ENGLISH/Pages/Gotoh.html

Good luck and I think you'll really like the Gotohs - very smooth and hold tune quite well.

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)