peda lfor acoustic amp

Started by johnr, June 23, 2011, 04:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hey guys ;does anyone run their larrivee thru any kind of "effect"pedal?"i'm going thru my ultrasound amp with just a boss ge -7 eq.is there anything else you guys use?thanks!

One of the guy's I play with use's a chorus pedal and a flanger.Me I've tried most of the stuff out there but pickup is enough for me.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I will occasionaly run my Larrivee through my electric rig , which consists of , od pedal , delay, wah , and tremolo. I love watching the other guitar players in the room get that serious WTF look on there faces. For awhile I even went without my electric in the band I was playing in for quite some time having always prefered the feel of my acoustic. These days even on my electric I eschew any effects but the volume and tone knob on my guitar , but I have been feeling the urge to get out on the weird limb again lately :nana_guitar.
I have never believed any hard and fast rules on equipment or music for that matter , but I think for acoustic it can be inspiring enough to break some ruts by experimenting outside the usual boxes. I would reccomend a delay , tremolo , and a chorus for most anyone just for the sheer fun and goofiness of it. They also tend to grab an audiences attention when used as tools to get the talkative (expletives) to listen. I believe that used sparingly espescially live, a chorus and/or delay are almost essential for thickening the sound. As always it's all preference but TRY not to grin while working a wah pedal on an acoustic guitar , I dare ya.
Larrivee D03RE
Fender Nashville B-Bender Tele
Republic Tricone
various banjo , mandolins, and lap steels

Quote from: johnr on June 23, 2011, 04:28:41 PM
hey guys ;does anyone run their larrivee thru any kind of "effect"pedal?"i'm going thru my ultrasound amp with just a boss ge -7 eq.is there anything else you guys use?thanks!

I use a TC Electronics stereo chorus with my ultrasound.  I use the reverb (in the amp) for a little presence and the TCE Chorus to thicken up the sound.  I have also sparingly used an FMR RNC (Really Nice Compressor) to even out the sound dynamics of live performances.

I have been tempted to find one of the LRBaggs "Venue" DI boxes, just to see what the EQ section is like.

Cheers!

Jim
Larrivee J-10-Koa "The Goddess"
Larrivee J-10-FM (Custom "Larrivee and Vine" Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee J-10 (w/Celtic Knot Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee Parlour - Mahogany

See "The Goddess" at www.mccrain.net/koa.

The GE-7 is a nice one but mine was noisy so it sees little if any use. I like a volume pedal doing solo gigs but other than that a little verb from the board works just fine.
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065