RS4 Pickups - Lollar or Larrivee custom?

Started by hag99, December 21, 2009, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The more I play mine, the more amazed I am...this guitar oozes quality and tone.  The ONLY reason I can think of that some folks might not consider one of these (other than the looks, which I love) is the longer scale length...a dedicated Gibson player might not want to adapt, but I say it's worth it, and 80-90% of the Gibson tone is in there when you dial it in.

And what you gain in tone from the longer scale is very nice articulation and some passable single coil sounds with the volume backed off and the tone control all up. I usually keep the tone controls at around 5-6, and run the volumes back and forth from 10 down to around 7.5 for versatility.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 03, 2010, 11:20:02 AM
I sometimes get over to the Rock on business expecting to do so again this spring. I will attempt to arrange a meet with you at the Shop. I will take along an RS4 for you and The Shop to test ride. But hopefully you and The Dealer will get some hands on before then!!!!

Thanks for the offer Joyce.  I might have to take you up on that one, but I am going to bug the local dealer!

Hi all, new to the forum sou, good writing because I wanted to buy a pickup, as they were in the old LARRIVEE RS-4.
I want to buy a humbucker for the neck, preferably as those used Kee Marcello, who are LARRIVEE brand, but not that model is, if someone wants to sell my mail is:  j.norum@yahoo.es

norum,

You might also want to post this in the for trade, wanted and electric guitar forums...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992