Ever Use One Of These?

Started by GIGGLER, December 23, 2003, 06:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just ordered a shortcut capo (Kyser). it bars the adg...leaving the low e, the b and high e un-barred. (Or, I suppose you can turn it the other way and bar the dgb. It should be fun messing around with it. I could use a full capo lower on the neck, and this short cut capo higher ......This'll be cool.

have a look...brouse kysermusical.
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

Though nobody posted to this thread, let me give you an update on this gadget. I'm using it alot, and the different voicings you can get are lots of fun. I may buy another. If you get your hands on one, I'll be glad to share some things I've figured out if you email me, or in this thread....either one.  Later.
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

I've never used the Kyser one, but I do have a regular capo that I cut that same way.  It's fun to use when I don't feel like changing tunings.  

Zach

i use a normal kyser backwords.  works the same, been doing it before they came out with the cut one.  :P  
Current Toys:
Fender Lite Ash Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncans

FOR SALE
2004 Martin D35 w/ Highlander Pickup
2003 Taylor 414CE-L3

Previously Owned:
1998 Larrivee C-03RE Rosewood Recording Series w/ Fishman

Giggler,

I cut one of my Kysers to replicate this a few months ago. Placed on the second fret you are essentially in DADGAD tuning (actually EBEABE, but it is the same tuning relationship as DADGAD). If you are doing solo work with one guitar this is a very fast way to change the mood of your set.

The beauty of this device is that you can use, witha little juggling, the chord voicings from both DADGAD and regular tunings.

It really freaks out the guitar players in the audience when you start fretting notes BEHIND the capo!
Ron