Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NAD Egnater Tweaker  (Read 867 times)
lkjjr

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2011, 01:10:27 AM »

Been playing through an Epi Valve Jr. at home for the last couple of years.  After recently getting my hands on a Tribute ASAT Classic, I got to itching for a bit more from my amp.  After much research and a bit of final auditioning at GC, I decided on an Egnater Tweaker to go with a 2 x 10 cab I built a while back with a pair of Weber Signature 8 ohm speakers. The Tweaker has tons of flexibility in tones and 15 watts from 3 12AX7's and 2 6V6S's.

The amp has 3 tone stacks that emulate Fender, Vox and Marshall tone circuits, along with a healthy gain circuit, and a few other switchable tweaks.  I've done a bit of re-tubing with some vintage tubes in the preamp to get a bit cleaner, richer, creamier sound.  I'm nearly overwhelmed by the quality and variety of tones.  Just can't seem to turn off the standby switch without getting a mild case of the blues.

I'm even able to plug in my LV05e with the eq set flat, in modern mode with the Vox stack engaged and get a really sweet "acoustic amp" sound out of it.  If you're considering a low power/lunchbox size amp, you owe it to yourself to try out a Tweaker.  Dollar for dollar, it's an awful lot of amp for the money...

[attachment deleted by admin]

2007 LV 05e
1972 Martin D35-S
2006 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic (modded pickups)
198? Electra X930 Vulcan
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:56:50 AM »

Did you do the pickup mods on your ASAT?  nice guitar

And yes, those Egnater amps are amazing for the low price!   +1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak