Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zorb-It?  (Read 511 times)
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »

I might be interested in this product.  I searched the forum, and the last post dates back to 2008.  I was hoping for some fresh feedback.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »

You can make your own "dryer bags" with bulk desiccants. I believe Home Depot and hobby stores stock this stuff as well.

http://www.silicagelpackets.com/loose-silica-gel/

Here is the link to Zorb-its as well, also AGF has a lot of posts on this product. Either way monitor with a hygrometer.

http://www.zorb-it.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=6

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:30:35 AM »

This is a review on the site online.

"I've been using this in my guitar case in conjunction with some rechargeable dessicants since early December....

I live in North Carolina, and we've had some VERY cold days as well as some above average temp days and average temp days since then as well as some serious rainfall.

Guitar room RH has been anywhere from low 60% range to about 40%.....Guitar Case seems to stay steady at 49% to 51%....PERFECT for
keeping my new guitar happy !!!
"

I find it interesting that he used desiccants as well. whistling

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

Or you can be cheap! Get a sealable baggy, punch some small holes in it, and put some rice in before sealing it. The idea is to take ambient moisture out which is what restaurants (the greasy spoons I frequent) do with their salt and sugar shakers.

f

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: