What size next

Started by 123honus, May 21, 2011, 08:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well this is my first post.
I am looking for advice on what Larrivee next.
The only Larrivee I have is a Koa SE parlor. It is great.
Now I need a bigger body guitar and Have looked at 00, and OM but there is a L-03 Bubinga that has me breathing hard on Ebay.
Any thoughts on the size and the bubinga would be appreciated.
Regards, Jim

Welcome!! I don't know much about bubinga, but my first Larrivee was an OM-03.  I needed a bigger sound/more volume.  I traded the OM and now have an L-03 and an L-09.  Very wonderful and versatile guitars.  They replaced my Martin HD-28!  Best of luck with your search.

:welcome: Jim

Nice have you aboard. The "L" Series in larrivee is pretty much a staple. I'm sure the majority would recommend it would complement your Parlor nicely.

Once again  :welcome: don't be shy around hear as a very friendly knowledgeable bunch. Please also give The FORUM RULES a quick read only takes about 2 minutes  :gotdonuts:

Looking forward to your posts

:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks for the comments.
I have been lurking for a while.
I have been trying to add donuts like I am supposed to, but cannot get them to stick.
Anyhow, I just made an offer on the bubinga and was turned down.
Still working on it.
:winkin:

Got the donuts thing.  :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quote from: 123honus on May 21, 2011, 08:00:56 AM
Now I need a bigger body guitar and Have looked at 00, and OM but there is a L-03 Bubinga that has me breathing hard on Ebay.
Any thoughts on the size and the bubinga would be appreciated.
Regards, Jim

I've seen that bubinga L-03 on Ebay.  Don't know about the sound but notice the pickguard is on crooked.  I emailed the seller and he said it's been that way since he had it, which I inferred meant he was not the first owner (nothing wrong with that, just an observation.)

Thanks much, I did not notice that. :smile: :smile:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 21, 2011, 09:21:00 AM
:welcome: Jim

Nice have you aboard. The "L" Series in larrivee is pretty much a staple. I'm sure the majority would recommend it would complement your Parlor nicely.

Once again  :welcome: don't be shy around hear as a very friendly knowledgeable bunch. Please also give The FORUM RULES a quick read only takes about 2 minutes  :gotdonuts:

Looking forward to your posts

:cheers
:+1: yEP! :coffee
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Well,
I did not see the pick guard being crooked.
That is a deal breaker for me.
Glad you said something, or I would have been disapointed.

I will continue to look for an L model with a K&K or similar.

Thanks again :smile: :smile: