What strings do you use on your RS4

Started by Walkerman, May 17, 2011, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious....and do you know what they ship the new RS4's with?

Ernie Ball Nickle Wound 10's for the most part. Once in awhile might throw on some 9's or even 8's but the EB 10's are my mainstay simple available and great value.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

No idea what they ship with but me Dean Markley 2505 which are a lite top/heavey bottom 11-52,I always use the wound G or the 2506 which are 12-54.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'll use Ernie Balls, and I make up my own set from a 10-46 set that goes 10, 12, 16, 26, 36, 46. But I also order boxes (12 sets) of Kurt Mangan strings in 9.5, 12, 16, 26, 36, 46, and this set works well for me on a 25.5" scale for lots of bending on the G, B and E strings.

Every once in a while I'll throw on a set of 11's just for variety and to give my fingers a workout (sorry, unclrob - I'm a wimp, just using 11's!!!). All these strings are the standard steel plated nickle or nickle plated steel; I forget which way it goes! I also like DR strings, and will use their pure nickle from time to time.

Don't remember what came on the guitar; might have been Cleartones, but I think Larrivee has switched to D'Addario EXP's maybe? I didn't like Cleartone acoustic guitar strings, but I never tried the Cleartone electrics.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

D'Addario XL 110's, I think. I've got lots of them. 

Just restrung mine with Dean Markley 1973 Regulars. They sound great on the RS4.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Cleartone 10-46 but thinking about trying a heavier set.

I also use Dean Markley 1973 Regulars.
I really liked using Dean Markley Jimi Hendrix Pure Nickel Regulars.  However they don't make them anymore and they are getting harder to find.   :crying:

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

I am also happy with Dean Markley 1973 Regular Electric Guitar Strings..
Quite comfortable with them!!!
:nana_guitar

I just bought a couple of sets of DR tite fits. I'm putting them on my RS-4 and LT-1. Tell you what I think of them later.   

D'Addario EXP125's for me.
How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.