Waiting...........

Started by atlantic, December 22, 2003, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordered an L-03 almost four weeks ago.  Dealer (first rate service btw) did not have one in stock and says Larrivee can't provide one until another several weeks.  Larrivee must be doing brisk business!

Anyone else experienced such a wait for a Larrivee?  I feel like a kid waiting for xmas.  :(  

Me no. I bougt the L-03 I found on stock. The other one I ordered from mailorder msuic came within 2 days.
Larrivée L03-R with B-Band AST
Larrivée D-05 with B-Band AST
Lakewood D-32 (Sitka/Rosewood)

Better double check with the dealer,as far as I know there were no more being produced.Unless things have changed.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You mean the L-03 has been discontinued??? :o  

QuoteBetter double check with the dealer,as far as I know there were no more being produced.Unless things have changed.
That is a suprise. Are they discontinuing all the 03s or just the Ls?

Maybe I shoulda held onto my L03R  :huh:  ? Oh well, I just had to order me one them thar Paragons  :D  .

I'm sorry guy's I thought you were talking a blackwood L.Still you should check with the dealer 4 weeks seems a little long,we are in Florida and it takes about 2 weeks to reach us in shipping.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I called GuitarAdoptions on Thursday December 11, and Dave did not have an L-05 in stock. He had one shipped to me direct from the California factory. It left Friday afternoon and arrived Wed Dec 17.

An L-03 might be coming from the Canadian factory (I was told that the gloss coating is applied in Cali). Perhaps there's something about that which adds time to the delivery schedule.

You can call the California number (to avoid an international call) at larrivee.com and ask for more information. That's what I'd do.

-cf

There was a Paragon on eBay last week for 1300. What a beautiful guitar. I wonder if they're better than Larrivée guitars since the company was started from ex-Larrivée people.
2003 Breedlove SC20 Coco/Sitka (Nov 26 delivery)
Bone nut and saddle
Schaller nickel tuners
Ebony tuner buttons
L.R. Baggs Dual Element

2003 Larrivée OM-03R: SOLD

2003 Larrivée L-09: SOLD

Hmm.. thread creep!  I've owned 3 Paragons and 8 Larrivees (holy cow!) at different times. I wouldn't necessarily say all Paragons are better than all Larrivees, but I preferred my last Paragon to any Larrivee I've heard.

I'm a fan of both brands. But if you want something custom or special, Paragon will do it and you deal directly with the luthiers. It's not the kind of relationship you can get from a factory.

I just e-mailed Larrivee.  Hopefully I'll get a response fairly soon, but given it's xmas...................

Getting it directly from the factory isn't an option as I've arranged for the dealer to install a K & K Pure Western.  BTW the dealer is in the USA and I'm in Canada.

Response from Larrivee:

"The L-03 has not been discontinued."

I think unclrob was talking about the L-03BW, which they are not making any more of right now.  Has your L-03 come in yet?

Zach

I think the worst part of owning a guitar is that waiting period after you have pulled the trigger and ordered.
Some people like anticipation.
I like instant gratification. Or at least pretty fast gratifacation. Or at least not too far off gratification.
Well, if I have to wait! :P

Based on most recent info (provided to dealer from Larrivee), I've got another 2 or 3 weeks until it gets to the dealer (USA). Then it has to be set up, K&K installed and shipped out to me (Canada).  Apparantly, sales of the L-03 have gone through the roof.

I also prefer "not too far off gratification" over "anticipation"!

I ordered an LV-03E yesterfay from E.M. Shorts and was told it would be about 3 weeks so it seems to be a pretty consistent answer.
Jack

Larrivee LV-03E
Framus Texan 12 String '69
Washburn D-28 '93
Aria Classical @'71
DeArmond M65C

Hey, I live just down the street from E.M. Shorts.
They have a pretty nice place if your are a right handed player. Lots of Les Pauls, Martins, etc.
They do keep quite a few Larrivees also. I'm surprised they didn't have a guitar for you in stock.
Good Luck on your wait. <_<  

I've order an OM-09 for left hand.
I m a French guy and I've to wait about 3 or 4 months!  :(
Saint-Brieuc (France)
Larrivée OM-09 LH  /   Avalon L25 LH  / Seagull S6 LH  / Mandolin Paul Doyle

Hey, I have a Lefty OMV-09. I think you will love the guitar.
It's my #1 acoustic.
Good luck on your wait. I've done my time too and you can read above how I like it. <_<