Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace Feedback [Read This in its Entirety Before Posting in This Thread]  (Read 14484 times)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »

For people that post on the For Sale forum.   Can you please say which city or State/Province you are from.  Helps us Canadians who have to take into consideration custom fees.  Larrivee may be a Canadian company....however, the lable says USA.  Saves on asking :)

Thanks in advance
There is no Custom Fees on a Larrivee to or from either Canada or USA. There is however a sales tax for Canadian Buyers and the amount depends on which Province the Guitar is shipped to.

Andrew'
Maybe semantics regarding what is meant by "Customs Fees" , but when I purchased my Forum V RS-4 from LA Guitars, I didn't just pay tax and the shipping cost.  I also paid duty and a "brokerage fee" which was a fair amount extra, though I can't remember exactly how much extra and I can't find the paper right now. wacko  Did you not also have to pay similiar fees for yours purchased from and shipped to Nova Scotia?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »

Andrew'
Maybe semantics regarding what is meant by "Customs Fees" , but when I purchased my Forum V RS-4 from LA Guitars, I didn't just pay tax and the shipping cost.  I also paid duty and a "brokerage fee" which was a fair amount extra, though I can't remember exactly how much extra and I can't find the paper right now. 
The Brokerage fee you paid was from your shipper ( I am guessing UPS) UPS has few fans around here for that apparent gouge that is not present with USPS and other shippers, If you paid a Duty I would be looking for that receipt and be applying for a refund ( North American made product is duty free under the  Free Trade Agreement).
As far as I know you ( reside in Alberta if I remember correctly) would have been subject only to 5%GST.
In summary you should have only paid the "broerage fee" yak and 5%GST

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »

The Brokerage fee you paid was from your shipper ( I am guessing UPS) UPS has few fans around here for that apparent gouge that is not present with USPS and other shippers, If you paid a Duty I would be looking for that receipt and be applying for a refund ( North American made product is duty free under the  Free Trade Agreement).
As far as I know you ( reside in Alberta if I remember correctly) would have been subject only to 5%GST.
In summary you should have only paid the "broerage fee" yak and 5%GST

Thanks Andrew,
Yes, it was shipped via UPS standard, for which I paid $100.00  PLUS a brokerage fee of $80.00! if I remember correctly.

I'm going to check into that duty refund aspect.  First, I have to find the documents though!  You know, the ones I put in safe place so they wouldn't get lost.   blush

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Kazels

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »

I just wanted to take a moment to give my thanks and salute fitness1 for a fast, easy, and professional sales transaction. I responded to an ad here on the board for some recording equipment he had for sale. To sum it up without getting too long-winded, the items were just as he described (if not better), packed like they could survive a nuclear blast, shipped immediately upon payment, and represented one of the best values I've ever experienced in used gear. He followed up delivery of the items with a phone call to ensure the package arrived safe and sound. I wish all transactions were this satisfying, many thanks to fitness1. 
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »

Thanks John....pleasure working with you too.   

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Eastman E10OM Sunburst - Mahogany/Adirondack
Larrivee OM-05E Mahogany/Sitka for sale 775.00
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: