Marketplace Feedback [Read This in its Entirety Before Posting in This Thread]

Started by Queequeg, May 16, 2011, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: rjmassaro on October 15, 2012, 07:03:10 PM
For people that post on the For Sale forum.   Can you please say which city or State/Province you are from.  Helps us Canadians who have to take into consideration custom fees.  Larrivee may be a Canadian company....however, the lable says USA.  Saves on asking :)

Thanks in advance
Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 15, 2012, 07:54:33 PM
There is no Custom Fees on a Larrivee to or from either Canada or USA. There is however a sales tax for Canadian Buyers and the amount depends on which Province the Guitar is shipped to.

Andrew'
Maybe semantics regarding what is meant by "Customs Fees" , but when I purchased my Forum V RS-4 from LA Guitars, I didn't just pay tax and the shipping cost.  I also paid duty and a "brokerage fee" which was a fair amount extra, though I can't remember exactly how much extra and I can't find the paper right now. :wacko:  Did you not also have to pay similiar fees for yours purchased from and shipped to Nova Scotia?
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on October 16, 2012, 02:04:13 AM
Andrew'
Maybe semantics regarding what is meant by "Customs Fees" , but when I purchased my Forum V RS-4 from LA Guitars, I didn't just pay tax and the shipping cost.  I also paid duty and a "brokerage fee" which was a fair amount extra, though I can't remember exactly how much extra and I can't find the paper right now. 
The Brokerage fee you paid was from your shipper ( I am guessing UPS) UPS has few fans around here for that apparent gouge that is not present with USPS and other shippers, If you paid a Duty I would be looking for that receipt and be applying for a refund ( North American made product is duty free under the  Free Trade Agreement).
As far as I know you ( reside in Alberta if I remember correctly) would have been subject only to 5%GST.
In summary you should have only paid the "broerage fee" :yak: and 5%GST
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 16, 2012, 06:31:56 AM
The Brokerage fee you paid was from your shipper ( I am guessing UPS) UPS has few fans around here for that apparent gouge that is not present with USPS and other shippers, If you paid a Duty I would be looking for that receipt and be applying for a refund ( North American made product is duty free under the  Free Trade Agreement).
As far as I know you ( reside in Alberta if I remember correctly) would have been subject only to 5%GST.
In summary you should have only paid the "broerage fee" :yak: and 5%GST

Thanks Andrew,
Yes, it was shipped via UPS standard, for which I paid $100.00  PLUS a brokerage fee of $80.00! if I remember correctly.

I'm going to check into that duty refund aspect.  First, I have to find the documents though!  You know, the ones I put in safe place so they wouldn't get lost.   :blush:
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I just wanted to take a moment to give my thanks and salute fitness1 for a fast, easy, and professional sales transaction. I responded to an ad here on the board for some recording equipment he had for sale. To sum it up without getting too long-winded, the items were just as he described (if not better), packed like they could survive a nuclear blast, shipped immediately upon payment, and represented one of the best values I've ever experienced in used gear. He followed up delivery of the items with a phone call to ensure the package arrived safe and sound. I wish all transactions were this satisfying, many thanks to fitness1.  :thumb

Thanks John....pleasure working with you too.   :thumb
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

hello admin,
I'm new to the forum and would like to know if it's ok to post reverb link here on the sale forum.
I have a 2020 Larrivee OM-09 that is for sale on reverb.
Just want to know if it's against the rules to post the link here.
thanks

Quote from: dungho on January 24, 2022, 06:49:01 PM
hello admin,
I'm new to the forum and would like to know if it's ok to post reverb link here on the sale forum.
I have a 2020 Larrivee OM-09 that is for sale on reverb.
Just want to know if it's against the rules to post the link here.
thanks
You may list your guitar for sale here:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?board=6.0

It's alway best to include pictures and you must include the sale $ price.
You may include a link to your Reverb listing.

thank you for you guidance. I have posted my listing.

Quote from: Queequeg on January 25, 2022, 12:00:51 AM
You may list your guitar for sale here:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?board=6.0

It's alway best to include pictures and you must include the sale $ price.
You may include a link to your Reverb listing.