The Black Guard

Started by Cybercanyon, May 04, 2011, 03:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok, I broke down and purchased the book, BLACKGUARD- Telecaster Style Guitars from 1950- 1954
By: Nacho Banos.  This is an awesome must have book.  The pictures, the history and details are fantastic.
It is a limited edition book, only 5500 hundred were printed and numbered.  The book is well made, heavy and comes
with its own slip case.   I recommend it highly.   :thumb

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on May 04, 2011, 03:14:02 PM
Ok, I broke down and purchased the book, BLACKGUARD- Telecaster Style Guitars from 1950- 1954
By: Nacho Banos.  This is an awesome must have book.  The pictures, the history and details are fantastic.
It is a limited edition book, only 5500 hundred were printed and numbered.  The book is well made, heavy and comes
with its own slip case.   I recommend it highly.   :thumb

Mike

Price/MSRP?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 04, 2011, 03:39:47 PM
Price/MSRP?

It costs $85.00.  Check out   "www.theblackguardbook.com", for more information.  You can also find it on ebay.

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

The book costs $85?? :ohmy: Can I just borrow yours when you're done with it? ........  :winkin:
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: tulk1 on May 05, 2011, 07:44:08 AM
The book costs $85?? :ohmy: Can I just borrow yours when you're done with it? ........  :winkin:

Just wait until it becomes vintage ... it will cost a lot more! You'll be asking yourself why you didn't buy half a dozen and store 'em as an investment!  :winkin:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I have a signed edition.....

Quote from: Walkerman on May 05, 2011, 12:23:47 PM
I have a signed edition.....

I was also able to get a signed edition.  There is 1 signed edition left on ebay for $90.

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

$85.00? No thanks. I'm saving for a LarrivĂ©e telecaster.    :bgrin:

I should have thought of that.  :wacko:
The book is still worth it, no regrets.
I can't wait to see and buy one of the new telecaster.   :drool:

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on May 05, 2011, 03:54:07 AM
It costs $85.00.  Check out   "www.theblackguardbook.com", for more information.  You can also find it on ebay.

Mike

Plus another $40 to ship via mail to me in Canada $70 Expedited  :doh   Jeesh!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

It's a great book. When you see the research in it, and see that there are only 5000 copies, and see the quality of the printing, it easily is worth the money. The author and I are good friends. It's my favorite guitar book.

Quote from: Matthew Larrivee on May 06, 2011, 03:04:35 PM
It's a great book. When you see the research in it, and see that there are only 5000 copies, and see the quality of the printing, it easily is worth the money. The author and I are good friends. It's my favorite guitar book.
If only someone would do a Larrivee book!  :bowdown: :coffee
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on May 06, 2011, 03:09:42 PM
If only someone would do a Larrivee book!  :bowdown: :coffee

:+1: and I wouldn't hesitate on $40 shipping on that one :smile:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Cybercanyon on May 05, 2011, 03:01:12 PM

The book is still worth it, no regrets.
Mike

With Mike and Matt's endorsement I pulled the trigger found a signed copy $40 for shipping tho I'm having difficulty swallowing. Look forward to the read and pics.
Hope to look at the Pics while strummin the New Larrivee Tele sooon :blush:

Arrived yesterday spent the evening Is a very very nice book!!!

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 17, 2011, 09:37:01 AM
Arrived yesterday spent the evening Is a very very nice book!!!

I figured you would like it.  I especially like the detailed photos.

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!