Anyone changed out the Klusons on their RS4?

Started by Walkerman, May 24, 2011, 09:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will do so once they get loose - AND they always do
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 24, 2011, 10:03:05 AM
Will do so once they get loose - AND they always do

Will you use more Klusons?

Quote from: Walkerman on May 24, 2011, 10:53:10 AM
Will you use more Klusons?

Very unlikely, maybe Larrivee are aware of improvement to Kluson Tuners of recent years Personally I never cared for them, they always eventually come loose and effect the whole guitar ( usually after searching for the rattle you find it in the Klusons)

Seems the RS 4 are now stocked with Kluson rather than previous years were Schaller of which I am a big fan. They are simply better IMHO not a clue why they would make that change on the Perfect RS 4 :? I would look for the perfect drop in Schaller to replace the Kluson

Sorry to ramble, why you askin :? You no like the Klusons :?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I don't really like any of those stamped tuners.  Wondering if some open Waverlys would be a drop in?

I was disappointed when my spalted maple RS-4  came with Klusons.  I wanted the Schallers.  I have been looking  but as of yet have not found a suitable replacement.
I don't mind the Klusons on the RS-2s.

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

My RS-4 has Schallers and Lollars. Incredible guitar. My '65 Jazzmaster has its original Klusons, however, and they're still very good.

I too kinda liked the look on the RS 2 but when they fail AND I am not optimistic they won't I will be changing likely for Schaller. Heck I like the look on my Spalted RS 4 as well and those are unlikely to fail as that is a bit of a Closet Queen  :arrow :wacko:

Thus I would wait til you start getting an issue with them before I'd replace unless the sight of them kinda turns you off. Be interested to hear what are direct drop ins :doh