ACL Jackson Browne May 13th

Started by Danny, May 03, 2011, 09:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just sent an email to try and purchase front row middle mezzanine tickets to the ACL show next week. I'll be surprised if I get them, so will my wife :winkin:. She doesn't even know I'm getting us tickets. Because I play a few tunes of J.B.'s and listen to him all the time she has grown very fond of his music. "For a Dancer" is one of her favorites.

I was at my Mom's a few years back and listening to J.B.  "Fountain of sorrow" came on and she asked who that was. I was thinking of giving her a J.B. cd for Mothers day. Maybe a "Best of" collection. She grew up on Hank Williams, Hank Snow and all the 50's country singers. (so I did too because of the radio) But she also has a best of Bruce Springsteen c.d. At 76 she's a pretty cool lady :thumbsup

"I'm just one or two years and a couple of changes behind you. Had my lessons at love's pain and heartache too..."

Danny I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you (hard to type that way).   I know what a hug JB fan you are;  as am I.    I really hope you get your tickets.   I've seen him a few times but not recently.  Last time was probably 15 years ago.  Love to see him again.  GOOD LUCK

T the P

Never seen him live. Except on TV. But definitely feel like I know him. I haven't been to any big event concert in about 15 years now I guess. I hope we do get to go.

My first JB concert was '76 (that hurts) and it keeps getting better.  I've got tickets to see him in two+ weeks here in So. Fl. and it's always a blast.  I'm rooting for you bro, time for a big event concert and for a short time feeling those feelings again.  My first time here though; so  :donut :donut2 :coffee

"You've had to hide sometimes but now you're all right
     And it's good to see your smiling face tonight"
Larrivee L
Martin OOO
Silver Creek T
Fender Custom Shop Monterey Strat #90

Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings

Quote from: midlifecrisis on May 03, 2011, 10:58:48 AM
My first JB concert was '76 (that hurts) and it keeps getting better.  I've got tickets to see him in two+ weeks here in So. Fl. and it's always a blast.  I'm rooting for you bro, time for a big event concert and for a short time feeling those feelings again.  My first time here though; so  :donut :donut2 :coffee

"You've had to hide sometimes but now you're all right
     And it's good to see your smiling face tonight"

Welcome to a nice place to hang out.