Why can't I stay logged on?

Started by Mr_LV19E, April 28, 2011, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starting today everytime I return to the forum I need to log on again.  I have picked the option to always stay logged on but something is not working correctly.  :?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Have you tried a second browser and/or a second computer to see if you experience the same behavior?

Did you run an anti-malware or some other kind of software that would have you delete cookies?

Thanks for the suggestions. After several weeks of IE problems I broke down and downloaded Internet Explorer 8 which is what I was running, the download removed the old and installed the new and everything is working great again. I did have to go in to explorer options and put the Forum in as a safe site.
Before I downloaded IE I wrote a long post explaining the events leading up to all this but before I could post it everything locked up and I had to close IE, very frustrating. Its nice to have everything working proper again.  Computers, or I should say computer hackers  :yak:
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 29, 2011, 09:50:52 AM
I did have to go in to explorer options and put the Forum in as a safe site.

Safe :?

Bunch of enablers around here thus have been experiencing a severe case of GAS
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 29, 2011, 09:55:09 AM
Safe :?

Bunch of enablers around here thus have been experiencing a severe case of GAS

Well, "safe for work" and for piano players!  :laughin:

IE 8.
Just in time for the general release of IE 9, Roger.  :bgrin:
I have one word for you, my friend: Chrome.
Anyway, glad you're back. 
Here, have a donut.  :donut :donut :coffee

Quote from: Queequeg on April 29, 2011, 10:45:52 AM
IE 8.
Just in time for the general release of IE 9, Roger.  :bgrin:
I have one word for you, my friend: Chrome.
Anyway, glad you're back. 
Here, have a donut.  :donut :donut :coffee
Mark
I have a Dell notebook with a Pentium M 1.4 processor and the Chrome requires Pentium 4 or later so I don't think the Chrome will run on my machine.
Next year my computer will be 10yrs old. I'm in the process of fixing up my 18yr old washer and dryer so I can get another 18 trouble free years from them, thought I should just do it instead of waiting for them to break down.
Roger

Pretty sure the Pentium M is the mobile version of the Pentium 4. You have enough power for Chrome should you decide to try it.

Cheers,
Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}