Brad Paisley

Started by ducktrapper, April 20, 2011, 06:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone else a fan of this guy? Not half bad a player. Oh alright, I'll stop being the understated Canadian. He's freaking awesome!!! Used to play Larrivées too.

His cousin Danny Paisley used to be married to my second cousin. Danny plays in a blugrass outfit called Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass. None other than Allison Krause has called Danny's voice the best in bluegrass. The whole freaking family around here is AWESOME!

Here is a link to Danny's site: http://www.dannypaisley.com/music.htm

Ya might enjoy his stuff as well....

Quote from: GA-ME on April 20, 2011, 06:17:15 PM
His cousin Danny Paisley used to be married to my second cousin. Danny plays in a blugrass outfit called Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass. None other than Allison Krause has called Danny's voice the best in bluegrass. The whole freaking family around here is AWESOME!

Inivte him over for crying out loud! Get beer! And fish! I'll be there. :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 20, 2011, 06:19:15 PM
Inivte him over for crying out loud! Get beer! And fish! I'll be there. :laughin:

Duck, I used to hang out at a little music store a friend of mine co owned with another fellow. Danny used to come in and hang out all the time and he taught guitar and singing lessons as well. My second cousin's father Doc Daniels was one of the very best old time/blugrass fiddlers that nobody ever heard of ever...You ain't never heard nothing like it when Danny, Doc, and them Lundy boys would get together after some good ole corn whiskey and just start gettin down. Straight redneck royalty they were!!

Huge Brad Paisley fan here! An amazing picker and inspired me in part to check out Larrivee along with my uncle who owns a mid 90's D-05 that is amazing. Quite the bluegrass picker my uncle.
Dan

I bought his new CD. Nice old Martin! Oh well. Really good album. My D-05 is an awesome instrument, by the way.   :thumbsup

Saw a video of Brad Paisley and Tommy Emmanuel on youtube and Brad kept up pretty well with Tommy...he ain`t no slouch on that Larrivee, that`s for sure! Great musician!

Hey GA-ME, where  do you hail from, to hang out with great bluegrass pickers would be priceless,
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

I love Brad Paisley's guitar playing , but his lyrics are cringe worthy! I feel the same way about his lyrics that Rush detractors feel about Geddy Lee's voice :laughin:!
Larrivee D03RE
Fender Nashville B-Bender Tele
Republic Tricone
various banjo , mandolins, and lap steels

Quote from: willfo on June 05, 2012, 07:36:17 PM
I love Brad Paisley's guitar playing , but his lyrics are cringe worthy! I feel the same way about his lyrics that Rush detractors feel about Geddy Lee's voice :laughin:!

Well it's country music. Some are. Some aren't. Irony is overrated anyway.

I try not to get down on the lyrics in pop/country music , but I'm just such a huge fan of Townes Van Zandt , Guy Clark , Steve Earle, Todd Snider and so on it can be hard sometimes to listen to the radio. I also play in a top 40 country band to pay the bills and after about 5 years now of doing that its pretty apparent that Nashville is at one of it's lowest periods of all time as far as following a formula rather than a good tune. In the last few years they have been blatantly re-arranging the same music with slight variations in the lyrics , and Brad Paisley has managed to go his own way as much as they seem to allow these days and has avoided letting producers write his music. I could never take away anything from his musical skills at all , I just wish he wouldn't cheerlead so much , he is obviously a monster talent and has the money to not worry about getting another radio hit . I would love to hear him put out that album that I know he probably really wants to make , he made that instrumental album and I've just been waiting for him to show what he can do with some more serious material.  I'd love to be able to play half as good as he does.
Larrivee D03RE
Fender Nashville B-Bender Tele
Republic Tricone
various banjo , mandolins, and lap steels

Quote from: bigbluesdaddy on June 05, 2012, 06:27:24 PM
Hey GA-ME, where  do you hail from, to hang out with great bluegrass pickers would be priceless,

I'm from Delaware. Not exactly a bluegrass haven or anything. Danny Paisley used to work in a music store, owned by my buddy, in Smyrna Delaware. This was back in the 1993-1995 time frame. Back then, Danny was married to Barbara Daniels, who is my second cousin. He also worked in Sears at the Dover Mall for years selling appliances in the off season from the Bluegrass circuit. Folks never realized they were buying their stoves and fridges, and washers and driers from the best tenor in Bluegrass...

I really respect Brad, and I think he's a terrific guitarist. I'm actually quite envious of his guitar skills. I wish I could play those country licks, but I can't. However, I can't listen to country. I find the songwriting and vocals to always be too sappy and generic. To me, almost all country singers sound identical. Except Vince Gill. Vince Gill is the man.

Quote from: LeftyBlake on June 10, 2012, 02:16:53 PM
Except Vince Gill. Vince Gill is the man.

Man, Musicrow Scott, from the forum, posted an interview he did with Vince on his show a while back. Vince did Threaten Me With Heaven, just him and an acoustic. It was powerful stuff.

Quote from: willfo on June 06, 2012, 05:56:39 PM
I try not to get down on the lyrics in pop/country music , but I'm just such a huge fan of Townes Van Zandt , Guy Clark , Steve Earle, Todd Snider and so on it can be hard sometimes to listen to the radio. I also play in a top 40 country band to pay the bills and after about 5 years now of doing that its pretty apparent that Nashville is at one of it's lowest periods of all time as far as following a formula rather than a good tune. In the last few years they have been blatantly re-arranging the same music with slight variations in the lyrics , and Brad Paisley has managed to go his own way as much as they seem to allow these days and has avoided letting producers write his music. I could never take away anything from his musical skills at all , I just wish he wouldn't cheerlead so much , he is obviously a monster talent and has the money to not worry about getting another radio hit . I would love to hear him put out that album that I know he probably really wants to make , he made that instrumental album and I've just been waiting for him to show what he can do with some more serious material.  I'd love to be able to play half as good as he does.

Not everyone is insincere. Irony is overrated. I love country music. Hank Williams. Jimmie Rodgers. Merle Haggard. George Jones. Willie Nelson. There's a new guy named Jamie Johnson who is just terrific. It's more about the singing than the lyrics but these guys write some great songs.

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 10, 2012, 07:47:25 PM
Not everyone is insincere. Irony is overrated. I love country music. Hank Williams. Jimmie Rodgers. Merle Haggard. George Jones. Willie Nelson. There's a new guy named Jamie Johnson who is just terrific. It's more about the singing than the lyrics but these guys write some great songs.

Jamie Johnson  deserves to be in the company you placed him with. He may be the best new "real" country singer/songwriter since Dwight.

Quote from: GA-ME on June 10, 2012, 08:44:04 PM
Jamie Johnson  deserves to be in the company you placed him with. He may be the best new "real" country singer/songwriter since Dwight.

Yep. File right between Jennings and Jones, eh?  :winkin:

I don't listen to much as what passes for Country music these days.  So much of it is party-rock done poorly.

However, spin some Junior Brown, and I will smile for a long while!  His playing and clever lyrics are pure entertainment to anyone who has ever tried to pen a catchy phrase or make cool sounds on the guitar.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on July 30, 2012, 12:11:11 PM
I don't listen to much as what passes for Country music these days.  So much of it is party-rock done poorly.

:roll  well put. I share the same taste
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)