Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks Like Tele Style To Me!!!!!  (Read 30360 times)
Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »

they were in colors like the Daphne Blue, Surf Green and Candy Apple Red,  

Those would be the RS-2 colors. The Teles for Dallas included Mary Kay White, Butterscotch, Trans Red, and Metallic Blue.

some had traditional Tele pickups and some had (according to the person who posted on the Fender Forum/FDP) "mini-humbuckers" in the bridge position.  

The Larrivee telecaster style guitar has a neck pickup route that will accomodate either a Traditional tele neck pickup or a mini humbucker. You simply need another pickup and a pickguard to change from one to the other (everything is solderless thanks to the Duncan Liberator system). The guitar is not in-expensive, due to its top notch hardware and appointments - but it is not over priced. The bridge alone is well over $100 my cost.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »

The guitar is not in-expensive, due to its top notch hardware and appointments - but it is not over priced. The bridge alone is well over $100 my cost.

Sooo tell us about it's hardware and appointments  blush

The fact top notch hardware is being used does not surprise me at all from what was used in previous models.

When do you think they will be available to us GASING public

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »

Those would be the RS-2 colors. The Teles for Dallas included Mary Kay White, Butterscotch, Trans Red, and Metallic Blue.

The Larrivee telecaster style guitar has a neck pickup route that will accomodate either a Traditional tele neck pickup or a mini humbucker. You simply need another pickup and a pickguard to change from one to the other (everything is solderless thanks to the Duncan Liberator system). The guitar is not in-expensive, due to its top notch hardware and appointments - but it is not over priced. The bridge alone is well over $100 my cost.

Thanks for answering some of our questions, Matthew! 

So ... you're incorporating some of the features of the SD35 into these - cool! Also, every one of those colors above sounds perfectly acceptable - I may have to eventually have two! And I'm definitely going to want that mini-bucker in the neck on one of these.

...another question Matthew: With the new relationship (albiet short-term) with Seymour Duncan, will these have SD pickups in them, or are you winding some "tele" pickups now as well?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »

So ... unclrob ... is your GAS getting worse?!  Mine sure is!!   drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »

Thanks for answering some of our questions, Matthew! 

So ... you're incorporating some of the features of the SD35 into these - cool! Also, every one of those colors above sounds perfectly acceptable - I may have to eventually have two! And I'm definitely going to want that mini-bucker in the neck on one of these.

...another question Matthew: With the new relationship (albiet short-term) with Seymour Duncan, will these have SD pickups in them, or are you winding some "tele" pickups now as well?

The prototypes are using a special Duncan Custom Shop pickups which is not on thier normal menu. The neck and bridge pups are a perfect blend of that old broadcaster twang & bite, but with a clarity and warmth which I just love. Seymour has come to the shop many times, and he knows his tele's.

Beyond that, we're not really prepared to release alot more info.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »

I may have to eventually have two! And I'm definitely going to want that mini-bucker in the neck on one of these.

Not so sure we will need two as from Matt's post " You simply need another pickup and a pickguard to change from one to the other (everything is solderless thanks to the Duncan Liberator system)"

Sounds to me like SD PUPS thus requiring only a neck PUP and pickguard and can change around. Well I suppose we could get a 2nd Larrivee telecaster style guitar to negate having to do the switch blush

These are very fine times

EDIT: Posted without seeing Matt L's post

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:50 PM »

The prototypes are using a special Duncan Custom Shop pickups which is not on thier normal menu. The neck and bridge pups are a perfect blend of that old broadcaster twang & bite, but with a clarity and warmth which I just love. Seymour has come to the shop many times, and he knows his tele's.

Beyond that, we're not really prepared to release alot more info.

Thanks, Matthew ... we'll take what we can get!

I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year!!! (And my birthday is only 10 days after Christmas ... in my best Oliver Twist voice "Please, sir, may I have another?" In this case, "sir" would be my wife!)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
KenHolden

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 01:37:37 AM »

Now I need to see how much overtime I can punch in this season... and see if I can find cheaper rent..... or sell some blood..... maybe a kidney....

Something about the words "Larrivee" and "Minihumbucker" that are getting the gears turning.

The other side of this is that the shops at home haven't even thought about the RS series.  I was told first that they were much more expensive than the comparable Gibson... and more recently another shop told me that Larrivee gave up on the electrics.  (I don't talk to that guy in the store anymore) 

Larrivee D-50 total sunburst
Larrivee D-03r
Gibson Custom Shop Advance Jumbo Gold
Gibson SG Classic
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull S6+GT
Art&Lutherie 12 String
Epiphone M-20 Mandolin
1960/61 Supro Lap Steel
Squier P-Bass
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 01:59:27 AM »

OK Matt how about a trade I have a really nice Refin'ed blond Gibson L7 archtop{maybe you can use it as a sketch pad type thing for when you start building archtop guitars}I'll take a Larrivee t*l* style only if it has YOUR pickups that you've built and maybe you can throw me a bone and include an OM03 12 string.Or maybe one of your T*l* type's with a Bigsby. drool

Miky how's that.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 03:21:19 AM »

OK Matt how about a trade I have a really nice Refin'ed blond Gibson L7 archtop{maybe you can use it as a sketch pad type thing for when you start building archtop guitars}I'll take a Larrivee t*l* style only if it has YOUR pickups that you've built and maybe you can throw me a bone and include an OM03 12 string.Or maybe one of your T*l* type's with a Bigsby. drool

Miky how's that.

It never hurts to ask, does it? 

I'm gonna get in line with Ken to sell blood (keepin' my kidneys, though ... I have a hard enough time just giving blood)!!!   

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 04:58:19 AM »

Mmmmm ... butterscotch  drool

John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »

I'm not scared to spend the money when it comes in and I dont when (the money that is)........however, I've been pondering G&L ASAT so bring it on.

My twelve cents: electrics should have a fitting model name rather than model number unlike acoustics to incorporate the total package, but maybe it's too late considering Larrivee electric models current and past (RS2 RS4). Those of us that already know what to expect it wont affect.

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »

But I was sure I didn't need  another electric guitar. Curse you Red Baron!

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:06 PM »

As Markslife points out we know of no name as yet. There are pros and cons to a # BUT if we could name it; what name would you propose

Let your creative juices flow

Visioncaster
Laricaster
Americaster
Larrivee-master

Maybe after some names have been proposed we could have a poll  

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »

As Markslife points out we know of no name as yet. There are pros and cons to a # BUT if we could name it; what name would you propose

Let your creative juices flow

Visioncaster
Laricaster
Americaster
Larrivee-master

Maybe after some names have been proposed we could have a poll  

Televee
Canadacaster
Canuckcaster
Matthewcaster
Teleleven (since it came out in 2011)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »

Telemaster

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 11:12:36 PM »

Curseyoucaster!!!

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 02:53:36 AM »

Friggincoolcaster.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »

I was already thinking the name-game, but was afraid to charter there - thanks JoycefromNS

1st thoughts:
ToneMaster, (awww heck)

but maybe we need something away from the beaten path........

BTW surley the KY boy that chooses the name wins a copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and please no cheating by administrator deletes/edits)

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 05:30:28 AM »

thinking that any reference to "tele" or "caster" is not in the cards, how about,

LE Type 1 or
LE Traditional or
LE Classic

LE = "Larrivee Electric"

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: