Pages: [1] 2 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks Like Tele Style To Me!!!!!  (Read 29413 times)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« on: April 15, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »

Could it be

Appears we are going to get our Larrivee Tele  seeHERE

Sooo any guesses of

makeup wood types, hardware, maple neck I hope

colors more than one

Name

Sure hope they stay with the SD PUPS tho I'm sure Matt's would be on par,  hear way too many good things about the DUNCAN's

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:41:54 AM »

CRAP!!!

This is AWESOME!!!

Of course, it means there's now another guitar I HAVE TO save up for!!! But I definitely have to have a Larrivee "Tele"! (Wonder what they'll call it? The RS-3? Naw...)

It's also nice to see all the specs on the RS-4 and RS-2. So far, the only mistake I found in the specs is that the RS-4 says it has the Kluson tulip tip tuners, which are on the RS-2; I think the RS-4 has standard Schallers...

But this is freakin' fantastic...

...hey, UNCLROB!!!!  

nice guitar  nice guitar  nice guitar (x3)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:58:57 AM »

So far, the only mistake I found in the specs is that the RS-4 says it has the Kluson tulip tip tuners, which are on the RS-2; I think the RS-4 has standard Schallers...

Not necessarily just Schallers as My Spalted came with the Kluson's:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:12:48 AM »

So ... should we speculate on price for the "Coming Soon" model?

I'm assuming it's a bolt on neck - since that's what the Seymour Duncan "35" (or whatever number) was...

I'm going to guess a street price of around $1,199-1,299.

And I hope they'll have the option to put a Larrivee P-90 in the neck position ... or heck, even the Larrivee neck humbucker would be cool! It would sound different than in the RS-4/2 just because of the different construction and body woods!

Also hoping it comes with a "vintage style" ashtray bridge - don't remember what the one on the SD was (I'm gonna have to go find that thread now...)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 02:18:23 AM »

Okay - I've forgotten a few things...

...The Seymour Duncan 35 has two humbuckers on it, and a Gibson style tune-o-matic and stop-tail bridge ... so we'll see if Larrivee continues with that, or if this is going to have the traditional Tele style bridge.

I think most folks are going to want a traditional style bridge and bridge pickup; neck position could be anything (or nothing, a la Esquire).

Let the debate begin ... 

...oh, and Matthew - pipe in at anytime to correct any misinformation! 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:01 AM »

Maybe it will be called an RT-? or an LT-?  like Larrivee did back in the 80's.  

Neck Configuration:   R = Neck thru and L = Bolt on
Body Style:  S = Strat and T = Tele
Pickup Configuration:  A number was used such as 1, 2, 3, or 4

Example:   LT-1 = A bolt on neck, tele body, single humbucker

Off course the current electrics haven't been following the same naming scheme.

Mike

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:01:11 AM »

OH CR*P!!!!! crying drool

Does anyone want a 1948 Gibson L7 refinished blond at the Gibson factory in the 50's???

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »

...The Seymour Duncan 35 has two humbuckers on it, and a Gibson style tune-o-matic and stop-tail bridge ... so we'll see if Larrivee continues with that, or if this is going to have the traditional Tele style bridge.

I think most folks are going to want a traditional style bridge and bridge pickup; neck position could be anything (or nothing, a la Esquire).

Let the debate begin  

I am certainly with most folks, and and am hoping for the traditional style say something like a CALLAHAM to me would signify like their RS 4 they are going to put forth a top shelf product. LARRIVEE to me seem well down that road with their electrics wouldn't surprise me a bit if they go to this level. Lots to explore and debate for sure  

SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 03:33:24 AM »

Time to start selling some guitars again.....

Steve ....aka the SMan
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 03:46:41 AM »

Does anyone want a 1948 Gibson L7 refinished blond at the Gibson factory in the 50's???

Only if it's left-handed!!!   bigrin

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:44 AM »

I am certainly with most folks, and and am hoping for the traditional style say something like a CALLAHAM to me would signify like their RS 4 they are going to put forth a top shelf product. LARRIVEE to me seem well down that road with their electrics wouldn't surprise me a bit if they go to this level. Lots to explore and debate for sure 

I didn't think Callaham made any lefty stuff, but I stand corrected (and have therefore edited my post) ... it looks like they do (at least lefties are listed on the Tele page...). don't know what this would do to the street price of these guitars...

...but I agree; Larrivee has really taken their electrics seriously and used top shelf parts, so I do hope that trend will continue with this model.

Edited to add: After looking at Callaham's guitar prices, I'm sure these Larrivees will be a bargain, with the same level of quality!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »

If they keep with traditional Larrivée designations like the RS, it will be an LT. I love this little thing! LT-1

[attachment deleted by admin]
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Mikey I can convert it as it has no pickguard. bigrin

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

Not necessarily just Schallers as My Spalted came with the Kluson's:

I shoulda known......now we have 2 sets of twin Larrys....spalted RS4s and  flamed maple J's.
Funny thing, cause I am in the extreme southwest, and you are in the extreme northeast.  We have the continent covered...
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »

Funny thing, cause I am in the extreme southwest, and you are in the extreme northast.  We have the continent covered...

SharkFM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »

Too late for me.... Just ordered an IBANEZ "Prestige" FR6120.. I get it in two days!  http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-FR1620 - Really rare I could only locate 3 in Canada (black but wanted white or burst oh well)  and lucky there is one in Vancouver unsold forever and on clearance price at $1000. Just like the RS4s!

I like the shape of the FR is so cool & stylish. Although the headstock is a little out of sync with the body shape it does nod for the metal players. It's 5 position switch is very cool, from double through to single coils in bridge and neck.  The Tele shape is too retro (for me) because it was shaped for manufacturing ease more than anything.

I first saw the Ibanez at this event here and that got me looking at it. I like what I saw for sure.  Great concert BTW "OMG" this band will be big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dqefk0RWAc

tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what I can let go to get one when they come out. Hoping for a more "traditional" look out the gate. But with some Matthew designed pickups. Should be k*ller! I know the pups in my RS's are. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what I can let go to get one when they come out. Hoping for a more "traditional" look out the gate. But with some Matthew designed pickups. Should be k*ller! I know the pups in my RS's are. 

Need some help What do you have

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »

Evidently Larrivee showed a few prototypes of their new 'Teles' at the Dallas Guitar Show recently...they were in colors like the Daphne Blue, Surf Green and Candy Apple Red, some had traditional Tele pickups and some had (according to the person who posted on the Fender Forum/FDP) "mini-humbuckers" in the bridge position. They didn't say if Larrivee advertised a "list" price...I'm asking for more info. Unfortunately, they also didn't get any pics. He said they sounded very good...

Hey, Matthew - we're waiting for more info - and PICS!!!   

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »

Need some help What do you have
That's the problem. I don't really want to get rid of any of my current stock. I'm sporting a '74 LPC, '95 PRS, 3 Custom ordered Heritages, a beautiful BEM G&L Legacy, the two RS's and all the acoustic stuff (Taylor, Eastman, banjo, Heritage mandolin, reso, etc). Nothing that comes readily to mind to make room for the Larrivee`. And I'm on the hunt for an OMV-05E, as well. Argh!!  wacko

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: