Bolt-on neck reset

Started by guitom, April 14, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: guitom on May 16, 2011, 10:32:50 AM
Oh, I know.  I've been. 

OK - then you do know.  Elderly is one of those few places where my self-discipline to stave off GAS can quickly dissolve and my knees go all weak at the ability to play so many cool instruments in a single visit.  I'm fortunate not to live near there any longer.  For me, it's almost a den of iniquity - too powerful to resist.

I have had setup work done on a couple of my electric guitars there just as an excuse to make the over-an-hour one-way drive from where I used to live.  It was then that I knew I had a problem.  I can say that I made it out of there the few times that I did go without spending several thousands on all of the absolutely cool guitars that they have in stock.  But I know myself well enough that with enough visits, I would be justifying way too many guitar purchases.

There's another place in Chicago, Chicago Music Exchange - that I must avoid when visiting, unless I have an accountability partner with me;  Someone who can hold my wallet while I drool.  It was there that I fell in love with an old Gibson SG playing through some kind of Orange combo amp.

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/

Sorry for those with weaknesses.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster