Dual Larrivee's on stage

Started by tulk1, April 10, 2011, 08:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just happened to catch this pic of my singer playing her OMV-05E with me standing right behind her with my RS-4 Charcoal. Thought I'd share. This is from our gig last night (April 9) in Sedalia, MO. The place has a nice out door patio. Temps were in the high 80s/ low 90s. Didn't know we were playing outside until we got there. Beautiful night to be outside. Anyway, here we are.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Oh, to be back in my home state!!! Cool pics, warm gig!

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

:nice guitar:  ss

Thanks for the pic, Anyone pose the questions to you "what's that your playin :? "
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 10, 2011, 11:16:42 PM
  :nice guitar:  ss

Thanks for the pic, Anyone pose the questions to you "what's that your playin :? "
All The Time! And we love it. No surprise, but most have not heard of Larrivee. So we get to be .... ambassadors, of a sort. Tracy has had that OMV for quite some years. Thinking going on 10. And we get asked at nearly every gig about it. And now I get asked, too!!  :tongue:

Quote from: ffinke on April 10, 2011, 08:58:21 PM
Oh, to be back in my home state!!! Cool pics, warm gig!

f
Where are you from? I'm in Peculiar ... west side of the state, close to KC.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Hi Tulk1,

Nice picture. Great to see folks out sharing their music.

Does that sound hole cover suppress feedback?

What is this thing under Tracy's foot?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not to jump in the middle of a que to the OP but the lute holes work great I have 2 high suppression customs for my 6 & 12 string. I rarely use them with the K&K with XLR preamp, I got them due to talk on the forums cause I do like to crank it up sometimes, haven't really needed them though. Sometimes I use them 'cause I think they are dressy and others just in case, but I really have had no problem with the K&K set up unless I carelessly turn into the right towards the monitor.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Quote from: tulk1 on April 11, 2011, 08:25:35 AM
Where are you from? I'm in Peculiar ... west side of the state, close to KC.

I was grew up just east of Independence (Buckner) and left the area in '73. KC is still a great place to spend time in, though, and I was down there in Feb.

Found out that Sam Bush and Brewer and Shipley are doing a concert in KC in July. Guess I'm taking another road trip!!!

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

Quote from: ST on April 11, 2011, 08:37:58 AM
Hi Tulk1,

Nice picture. Great to see folks out sharing their music.

Does that sound hole cover suppress feedback?

What is this thing under Tracy's foot?

Looks to me like air!  She's tapping her foot and it's on the up stroke.  The dark object is the heel of her boot and a shadow.

Quote from: Larrivee4me on April 11, 2011, 05:35:46 PM
Looks to me like air!  She's tapping her foot and it's on the up stroke.  The dark object is the heel of her boot and a shadow.
Looks like it to me.

Quote from: ffinke on April 11, 2011, 11:42:08 AM
I was grew up just east of Independence (Buckner) and left the area in '73. KC is still a great place to spend time in, though, and I was down there in Feb.

Found out that Sam Bush and Brewer and Shipley are doing a concert in KC in July. Guess I'm taking another road trip!!!

f
Don't recall Sam Bush. But I certainly know Brewer and Shipley. May have to check that out. Thanks!!

Quote from: Michael T on April 11, 2011, 08:58:13 AM
Not to jump in the middle of a que to the OP but the lute holes work great I have 2 high suppression customs for my 6 & 12 string. I rarely use them with the K&K with XLR preamp, I got them due to talk on the forums cause I do like to crank it up sometimes, haven't really needed them though. Sometimes I use them 'cause I think they are dressy and others just in case, but I really have had no problem with the K&K set up unless I carelessly turn into the right towards the monitor.
I got that for her because of feedback, for sure. Mostly it was my inability to eq a monitor properly. Figured out a lot of things in the past 10 years with her. We rarely get feedback on stage now. But the lute hole has sorta become a mainstay for her in the OM. Part of the guitar, now.  :winkin:
Kenny

Sam Bush - a phenomenal mandolin player (and incredible singer, too). He was a member of the amazing band, New Grass Revival, along with Bela Fleck on banjo, John Cowan on bass and Pat Flynn on guitar - they had other members in and out of the group over the years... great, great music!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992