RS4 - sound clips

Started by ST, March 30, 2011, 11:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anybody got any up-close-and-personal sound clips of their RS4 online?
Sorry if they are here someplace and I've missed them.

I'm looking for the RS4 equivalent of the acoustic Larrivée Sound Clips

That is RS4 and nothing more; good quality audio clips (not mashed up youtube stuff).

Please post links if you've got them.  If you don't want to post something in public, I understand, but if you are willing to share something with me privately, please send me a Private Message.

Thanks

Looks like you've got the itch ST... :winkin: :thumb
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Quote from: ST on March 30, 2011, 11:41:14 AM
I'm looking for the RS4 equivalent of the acoustic Larrivée Sound Clips

That is RS4 and nothing more; good quality audio clips (not mashed up youtube stuff).

ST you might have to make your own :bgrin:  :wink:

Let us all know when you get your RS 4 :roll You know you are gonner!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Well guys...

Why I'm looking for sound clips
It occurred to me recently: I had never recorded my electric guitars in an up-close-and-personal way (just the guitar, no effects).  In that sense, I had no reference for how they sound or compare.

I know that I like to play certain guitars under certain conditions, but I have never been all that analytical about it. I could probably have made generalizations like guitar X seems good for jazz gigs or guitar Y is my first choice for cutting through a mix in a rockin' Blues band.  So I've been recording clips of some of my electrics so that I actually hear the differences and compare them. This has been a really interesting exercise.

I am really relieved that I can hear big differences between the guitars. When I started the exercise I was afraid that I might find that I had acquired a whole bunch of guitars, and that reflecting my taste, they were very very  similar. In my current state of mind, that would be pretty pointless.

Having started down that path, I wondered if anyone had clips of their RS4.  I was hoping to hear big difference between an RS4 and other things I have around here. But if it sounds similar, then I'd probably relax and move on.

Precipitating Event
I decided to let that Flamed Maple Parlor go.

If I was willing to treat that guitar as a sunk cost of appeasing my current bout of guitar lust, then having let it go,  the incremental cost of moving into an RS 4 looks pretty low.  That is: In the little guitar shop in my head, it would be like trading in the parlor to get the RS4. So the rationalization engine spits out, "The cost is just the difference, right???"

But in a post apocalyptic world (been thinking about that lately), another electric guitar is just extremely expensive firewood. Countervailing thought: In that same post apocalyptic world, the money spent on it would be meaningless.

Your posts, as always are entertaining.  The thoughts that cross your mind, and the process of getting from A to B, are both fascinating and amusing.  Yes, in the end money is meaningless.  Therefore, do as you like or want, and go get the RS-4.
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string