Is there a band you dont "get"

Started by DaveyO, March 26, 2011, 01:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: broKen on April 09, 2011, 11:32:01 PM

I'd like some of that myself. Know where I can find it??? Nevermind.
If one persons' truth is anothers' lie, is it still true?

Actually, if those in politics were concerned with truth, we wouldn't be in the mess.

Who started this anyway? :yawn

Someone insisted on light, another darkness. We've been vacillating between the two ever since.

Quote from: Denis on April 08, 2011, 04:35:49 PM
Do it Again from Steely Dan is one of the best grooves I've heard.  It's more like I don't get all their tunes, not really a fan.  And Abba's got a ton of good tunes!

Sorry, Denis, but while I agree with your comment about Do It Again, I run screaming from the building any time an Abba tune comes within earshot.

It just goes to show you...

Quote from: jimmy buffett on April 11, 2011, 10:09:26 AM
Sorry, Denis, but while I agree with your comment about Do It Again, I run screaming from the building any time an Abba tune comes within earshot.

It just goes to show you...

Oh come on....don't feet just start tapping when you hear Dancing Queen???  :wink:

Quote from: Denis on April 11, 2011, 10:32:33 AM
Oh come on....don't feet just start tapping when you hear Dancing Queen???  :wink:
The only time I ever liked Abba was when I watched this movie about a girl in Australia that was viewed as a loser, but loved Abba and the song Dancing Queen. She was an excellent actress and so believable in her dismal role, but succeeded in the end. I can't remember the movie's name. But I really don't like Abba either.

Quote from: dependan on April 11, 2011, 09:21:45 PM
The only time I ever liked Abba was when I watched this movie about a girl in Australia that was viewed as a loser, but loved Abba and the song Dancing Queen. She was an excellent actress and so believable in her dismal role, but succeeded in the end. I can't remember the movie's name. But I really don't like Abba either.

Tell me you don't like "Take a Chance on Me" or "Fernando"....great songs

Quote from: Walkerman on April 12, 2011, 08:45:49 AM

Unless you are merely referring to the rhyme scheme, if I never hear another ABBA song again, I'll probably survive.   

Quote from: Walkerman on April 12, 2011, 08:45:49 AM
Nope, don't care for em.

I keep seeing this thread in the "unread posts" list.  I haven't read the thread, and in fact this is the first time I've even opened it.  When I read the thread header, what occurs to me is that there are whole genres I don't get.  LOL!  There are surely bands I don't get.

Ed

Quote from: eded on April 12, 2011, 09:13:55 AM
I keep seeing this thread in the "unread posts" list.  I haven't read the thread, and in fact this is the first time I've even opened it.  When I read the thread header, what occurs to me is that there are whole genres I don't get.  LOL!  There are surely bands I don't get.

Ed

There's a couple of entire decades, I don't get! This century's not doing that well, come to think of it.  :laughin:

On the list of what I don't 'get':  Grateful Dead and Phish.

I do get U2 for a very personal reason:  I Will Follow was easy to figure out on the top 2 strings of my first electric guitar.  I was hooked.  Been playing ever since.  So yeah, I get them in a way different than some.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud