Calton Cases and The RS Electric

Started by JOYCEfromNS, March 20, 2011, 11:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got a couple PM's and Emails re questions on The RS 4 fits a Calton Case. Thus a picture being worth a thousand words thought I would share the particulars. Likely questions coming from the vantage point ( I'm guessing) of will the RS Electric fit into a Calton Case made specifically for a Gibson Les Paul.

Will Let you be the judge :cop:

The CALTON CASES as many are familiar are second to none and handmade custom for a specific guitar. Jim at Calton is most helpful should you have any questions on their cases also quite a mandolin player. And for you Lefties makes Left Hand Cases - I know of no one else who does this.

Anyway friends no affiliation to Calton thought I would just share my experiences with these cases with you.

Larrivee is the Blue Case

Gibson is the Red Case

Cases are exactly the same on outside, it's the inside that is customized

[attachment deleted by admin]
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Larrivee in a Calton Case made for a Les Paul

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

And in their respective custom cases fits like a glove

The RS 4 and the RS 2 are interchangeable in the same Calton Case fitting like a glove

Very cool - and very nice cases.

As to lefty cases, I think you're "right". The only other lefty case I've ever seen is one that I had made for me by Coffin Cases some years ago. I asked them if they would make me a lefty case, and they did. I don't know if they've ever made another one; I don't think I've ever seen one offered anywhere.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I think I want one of those cases just for ME. They look so snugly and comfortable. Funny, tho'. The case for an RS2 would cost more than I paid for the guitar.  :blush:
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

The topic of Calton Cases came up on another thread thus thought I would re-share this one by a slight bump for those who may have missed it

:cheers