Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Guitar Builder/ Country  (Read 9612 times)
hadden
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »

I often wonder about threads where things get so obscure, you could just make stuff up and no one would notice.  ohmy  

You mean like luthier Sheldon Crabknuckle, from Punkydoodle Corners? So obscure, his guitars so rare and refined no one has ever seen or played one. Nobody is worthy or ever will be.

L-03 Italian Spruce
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »

A Mortgage anyone

Seriously.  What's it cost for one his guitars?  $25k?  Jeff Traugott, $26500!?  I doubt any of these instruments sound $24000 "better" than any Larrivee I've owned. 

GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »

You mean like luthier Sheldon Crabknuckle, from Punkydoodle Corners? So obscure, his guitars so rare and refined no one has ever seen or played one. Nobody is worthy or ever will be.

I used to live next door to Sheldon. Good fellow, he is.
Stringdancer

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »

A Mortgage anyone

Seriously.  What's it cost for one his guitars?  $25k?  Jeff Traugott, $26500!?  I doubt any of these instruments sound $24000 "better" than any Larrivee I've owned. 

LOL,not saying that a hack guitar player such as myself could ever afford one,or that I would even buy one if I could....just saying that he does excellent work... and his guitars sound very,very good...they start at $30,000.00 by the way and he has a two year waiting list  ohmy

BTW , I've always been a huge fan of your playing Denis....I imagine that you could make a cigar box strung with rubber bands sound good...so no need for you to ever spend $30K on a guitar  bigrin

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee L-05MT
Larrivee P-05
Martin D-18GE
Martin 0M-42
Rainsong JM1000
Beard Gold Tone round neck
Ibanez AS 103- NT custom
CA Cargo
Collings 01

What I like to do when I'm not murdering perfectly good guitar tunes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterdancer/
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »

BTW , I've always been a huge fan of your playing Denis....I imagine that you could make a cigar box strung with rubber bands sound good...so no need for you to ever spend $30K on a guitar  bigrin

Thanks.  I know I'm not exactly Tommy E or anything but it's always nice to hear someone likes what I'm doing.  

I'm pretty happy with the guitars I've got right now.  I would love to try a $30000 guitar but who knows, after that I might want a $30000 guitar!

broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »

Lots of great builders working today,but one luthier that's at the top of his game is Ervin Somogyi from California.

I hear he gets his materials from JCL.

just kidding  bigrin

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Stringdancer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »

I hear he gets his materials from JCL.

just kidding  bigrin

JCL's woods would probably be a good thing,  bigrin.....but the Pings....not so much!!

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee L-05MT
Larrivee P-05
Martin D-18GE
Martin 0M-42
Rainsong JM1000
Beard Gold Tone round neck
Ibanez AS 103- NT custom
CA Cargo
Collings 01

What I like to do when I'm not murdering perfectly good guitar tunes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterdancer/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: