Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastman E10P and E20P Parlors  (Read 7213 times)
Gregg E

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »

In my never ending quest for a small 12 fret I stumbled on Eastman.  (Mentioned by someone here, although not these models.)  The E10P is a spruce/hog parlor and the E20P is a spruce/rosewood parlor.  No one carries them near me to play so I've only seen on-line comments, which compere them (pretty much favorably) to the Blueridge BR-341 and 361 models.  If anyone has laid hands on these I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Gregg

"Music is too important to be left to professionals."
sigurdd44

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »

Have heard such good things about Eastman that I am angling for an OM
Have only played their Grand Concert (which was nice)
Here are some nice sound clips

Mahogany Parlor
http://soundcloud.com/massstreetmusic/eastman-e10-p-parlor-acoustic/
Rosewood Parlor
http://soundcloud.com/massstreetmusic/eastman-e20-p-parlor-guitar/

Gibson J-185 (2002)
billder99

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:25:06 AM »

A good story... I spent several days in So Cal playing Eastman and Larrivee guitars, at the Eastman warehouse and several retailers with lots of Larrivees. I was only interested in smaller bodies, OM/000/00/Parlor, and I played them all for several hours each. Of all the guitars I played in those days (sore fingertips!) the one that grabbed me was an E10P I played at Buffalo Bros. I should have bought it, but I was still looking... never found any I liked more. I ended up buying a Larrivee 0M-05 MT... perfect condition, gorgeous, I love mahogany, and the price was too low to say no. Very nice guitar the OM-05 MT, but last week I was on my way home from vacation and stopped in Buffalo Bros... there sat the very same E10P. I played the E10P and OM-05 MT side by side for 2 hours, but I knew my answer in the first 2 minutes... the E10P blew my beautiful Larrivee to pieces. There really was no comparison... playability, volume, clarity, strumming and fingerstyle, harmonics, sustain, and the string spacing much better for my hands and style. I got Buff Bros to trade me straight across and I walked out with the E10P... great deal for them, and I got a guitar that is beyond my expectations and budget. I cannot put my E10P down. Not as pretty as the Larrivee, but the sound of angels singing. I love the lightness as well... the OM-05 was a bit heavy, and this is light as a feather.

I still love the Larrivee line, and my next buy will be a custom L-03 with 1-7/8" nut, 2-5/16" saddle width, assuming they will make it for me.

Added Note:  I will say the OM-05 MT was a better recording guitar... very mellow, smoothe.

Building beautiful custom homes in Baja, Mexico...
www.TCCLoreto.com
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »

I have seen and played bothe the Blueridge and Eastman parlors. Generally and specifically I hold Eastmans in higher regard.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »

I have seen and played bothe the Blueridge and Eastman parlors. Generally and specifically I hold Eastmans in higher regard.

Me, the opposite

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Gregg E

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:05:28 PM »

Wow, thanks for the input everyone.  Good stories and differing opinions - it's the beauty of this site and the people on it! 

"Music is too important to be left to professionals."
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

In comparing the Blueridge and the Eastman parlor guitars I think it is important to note that while Blueridge is using Sitka, the Eastman has an Adirondack spruce top.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »

In comparing the Blueridge and the Eastman parlor guitars I think it is important to note that while Blueridge is using Sitka, the Eastman has an Adirondack spruce top.

Generally speaking and it seems for BR Parlors ( title) BUT I think it really depends on the Blueridge Model.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »

Maybe generally speaking BUT I think it really depends on the Blueridge Model tho not that familiar to know specifically for Parlors only
I was speaking specifically of the three Blueridge parlor models (noting that the subject of the thread was parlor guitars). The two Eastman parlor models are Adirondack.
Your link is a dreadnought.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »

I was speaking specifically of the three Blueridge parlor models (noting that the subject of the thread was parlor guitars). The two Eastman parlor models are Adirondack.
Your link is a dreadnought.

Yes realized that as I posted and edited I guess while you were typing yours 

Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »

Yes realized that as I posted and edited I guess while you were typing yours 
No problem. Have a great weekend. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: